I got sick this month and my asthma hasn’t been good for the second half of May. I have been taking things easier than normal to conserve energy and get back on my feet. My breathing has been the biggest concern, a cold usually starts in my nose and drips down but it went backwards this time, it started in my chest and the blocked nose came later. I’ve noticed in the past year my immune system has been weaker than usual. Also, as a result of the cold my skin looks tired and blotchy and products aren’t looking as nice as they normally do because my skin is drier. Apart from being sick I have also had some yummy food this month, I treated myself to Indian which I don’t have very often and I got a little spendy!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder – Light – A couple of months back a thought I wanted to give contouring a go. I was browsing Beauty Bay and saw the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder for a price that yes, was an investment but nowhere near as expensive as MECCA sells the product for and decided to pick it up. I did my research, I knew it was well loved and had the right undertone I was looking for in a contour for pale skin such as mine. I didn’t want to buy a sculpting palette with six shades and only realistically use one or two. This powder gives my face a slight hint of shape/shadow which is what I’m after and it really is the perfect shade for fair skin! I’ve applied this with both soft and dense brushes and currently my favourite brush to apply it with is the Real Techniques Setting Brush. The brush is soft and diffuses the product but still small enough to get in under the cheekbones and blend.
2. The Body Shop Shea Eau de Toilette 30ml – Shea is one of my favourite scents from The Body Shop and the range I have tried the largest number of products from. These small 30ml bottles of fragrance are compact and fit nicely in my handbag if I need. This scent is lovely as a spray and smells just like the body butter. It’s nice when I want something light and natural and not too girly. I know I say this all the time about this scent and I mean it in the least weird way possible but I would love to smell this on a guy. There’s something masculine about Shea that I love.
3. Essence Shine Shine Shine Lipgloss in Dress Up Your Lips! – This lipgloss was given to me by a work colleague when she returned from a trip to the Philippines. Her and I often talk about makeup and it’s nice she thought of me. Dress Up Your Lips! is a nude gloss and I think of the colour as a cross between MAC Brave and MAC Velvet Teddy. The gloss is nicely pigmented, super comfortable to wear and has a fruity scent which I like. It won’t last a whole day but it’s easy to reapply.
4. Silver Pendant Necklace – I picked up this necklace for 50% off in a pharmacy and it was a total bargain! It is simple and beautiful and that’s what I like in jewellery. I like dainty, elegant pieces that compliment an outfit but aren’t the main attraction. The chain isn’t adjustable but the pendant sits in the right place on my neck. The amount of sparkle the pendant gives off is really pretty.
- I’ve been loving a couple of British crime dramas – The Bay and Prime Suspect: Tennison.
- I purchased two dresses from Glassons that I can’t wait to wear; a triangle print long sleeve peplum dress and a floral, short sleeve high-low dress.
- The Zoeva makeup brushes I mentioned in last month’s favourites arrived.
- I placed my first Sephora order! A haul post will be up in the near future.
May’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!