This makeup look is inspired by the bright, shiny foil wrapping around chocolate Easter eggs. The idea to create a metallic type look came after purchasing Colourpop’s Super Shock Shadow in the shade Slave2Pink. This shade is described on Colourpop’s website as an “electric neon pink glitter loaded up with blue, violet, hot pink, and silver in an insanely metallic duochrome finish.” I didn’t want to go full on tin man shine but I did want there to be visible shine and I’m super pleased with how the look came out! I wore it to work earlier this week as part of a glam, dress up day.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Sensitive Lotion – I am enjoying using this moisturiser and having a break from the Simple moisturiser I used for years. I stuck with Simple for so long because I knew it didn’t irritate my skin but I actually think this Olay one is better. My skin feels more hydrated and it doesn’t soak up the product as quickly.
2. Max Factor Smooth Miracle Primer – This primer is a good combination between hydrating and smoothing. The primer has a slight silicone feel without looking oily or greasy on the skin and makeup applies over top so easily and lasts well throughout the day.
3. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Filling in my brows with this since 2016.
4. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 100 Fair – The demi-matte finish of this foundation is my favourite. I don’t like overly dewy formulas and the coverage of this is also really nice, a good medium that can be built up to medium-full with a second layer.
5. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer pairs well with the Max Factor foundation and it’s a great all rounder: good coverage, good colour match, contains SPF 35 and the formula doesn’t dry out in the little pot.
6. Urban Decay Primer Potion – A staple in my makeup routine since I started using it.
7. Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Light – I recently bought this from Beauty Bay after being intrigued and wanting to try contouring to give my face some shape. I have been using this for just over a week now and the shade is good for my skin tone. I’m still determining which brush applies it best but I haven’t looked like I’m wearing a stripe on my face which is a good start!
8. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I have officially hit pan! I love this bronzer for adding a nice bit of colour to my skin but I also treat it like a setting powder. I don’t use setting powder unless it’s warm or I need my makeup to last extra well. I also find with having drier skin I don’t like a lot of powder products sitting on top of my foundation and concealer or else it looks cakey.
9. I Heart Makeup Goddess of Love Highlighter – To go with the pink metallic theme I decided to wear my pink-purple highlighter. This was the first highlighter I ever bought and it’s such a beautiful, versatile shade. Goddess of Love can be worn lightly for a natural, everyday look but can also be easily built up if desired.
10. Colourpop – Slave2Pink – This is the product that inspired the whole look! I applied theBalm’s Mary-Lou Manizer as a base shadow before applying a light layer of Slave2Pink all over the lid with a shading brush and using my finger to apply more eyeshadow to build up the colour and shimmer.
11. Tanya Burr Selfie Lash Mascara – The more I use this mascara the more I like it. It’s not as dramatic and doesn’t give as much volume as my favourite from Rimmel but it’s still good. It gives a lengthening, separated, natural effect that compliments any look.
12. NYX Cosmic Metals – Fuchsia Fusion – I have been wanting to wear a fuchsia lip colour with the fuchsia Colourpop eyeshadow since it arrived and this look was the perfect opportunity. This is my most metallic looking lipstick and it’s such a comfortable formula. There’s shine and pigment but no gritty glitter. This product is long-lasting and one that always makes me happy when I wear it.
The Finished Look:
Clockwise from the top: Eyeshadow closeup, makeup at 7am, makeup at 5pm, highlighter/contour closeup.
What do you think of this makeup? Do you like to create themed makeup looks?