March has zoomed by, I swear each month gets faster! March has felt busy and I feel like I haven’t had much time to take it easy but I have been reading more in March which makes me happy. My mood has mostly been good and I’ve made some new purchases, namely fashion items. I also caught up with an old workmate and had such a good time.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Treatment Leave In – Whilst I am a proud redhead my hair is very heavy and thick. It doesn’t always look as sleek as I would like and I was in the market for a product to help with that. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money in case I didn’t notice any difference and the idea of this leave in treatment appealed to me. The product is suitable for all hair types and aims to be nourishing and add shine. It contains liquid keratin to repair damage and straighten hair. It is advised to apply this when hair is 90% dry and comb/brush it through. I have been using this for the past month or so now and I like how smooth and sleek my hair feels. The smell is pleasant too.
2. MAC – Velvet Teddy – I purchased this mini lipstick at the end of 2018 before my lipstick ban kicked in after seeing Cleia talk about it. The first time I used it I didn’t love it but the more I have been using it the more I like it. This is incredibly comfortable for a matte and doesn’t feel drying whatsoever. (Not sure whether that’s all of MAC’s matte shades or just this one!) I love applying a light layer of gloss over top to make the shade more pink but it is pretty on it’s own as well. I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else with MAC’s mini lipsticks but the bullet has lines in it like it is moving and pushing up against the tube when I apply it. I’m guessing that’s because of the smaller size but I hope the lipstick doesn’t snap!
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick #55 My Nude – In February a parcel from an extremely close blogging friend arrived and this lipstick was one of the items inside. Funnily enough this shade is a little similar to Velvet Teddy and I love this one too! Rimmel lipsticks are some of my favourites, they’re affordable without compromising on quality or pigmentation. This lipstick is one of six shades released as part of a 15th anniversary celebration with Kate Moss. The collection features three of Kate’s favourite nude shades and three of her favourite reds. #53 Retro Red is my favourite of the reds and I’d love to pick it up at some point after my lipstick ban is over.
4. Married At First Sight Australia – I don’t watch a huge amount of trash/reality TV but this show has got me hooked! It is literally what it sounds like, a couple meet for the first time and they get married – they don’t know anything about the other person and have been matched by a team of ‘experts.’ The couples are eight weeks into the experiment now, they’ve been on their honeymoon, they’re living in an apartment together and they’ve done home visits. At the end of each week there is a commitment ceremony and each person has to choose to stay in the experiment for another week or they can write leave. If both people write leave they leave the experiment and end their marriage. If only one person writes leave the couple stay for another week. This show has cat-fights, drama, shit stirrers and isn’t always believable but it’s addictive!
- I placed my first Colourpop order! I bought a few eye products and a haul post will be up at some point – I want to use everything and form opinions first.
- I found a pair of wide leg black trousers that look nice on me and aren’t too long.
- I caught up with an old work colleague and good friend. We ate, went shoe shopping and generally had a blast!
- Speaking of shoe shopping, I bought the cutest pair of toffee coloured boots. Normally I always buy black shoes (because they go with everything) but these are pretty and still neutral enough to work with a bunch of outfits.
March’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!