I haven’t ever created a makeup look for St Patrick’s Day specifically for the blog before but 2019 is the year! It’s not a day I personally celebrate but I do enjoy coming up with themed makeup looks and wanted to incorporate green in a ‘Chanelle’ way. I’m all about natural looking skin, a simple eye look (but simple I mean three or four eyeshadows), dark fluttery lashes, a pop of shimmer and 90% of the time a bold lip. However, for this look I knew a bold lip wasn’t the way to go.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – I like this as my daily moisturiser. It doesn’t sink into my skin too quickly and make it feel dry a few minutes later like some moisturisers can.
2. Max Factor Smooth Miracle Primer – This primer is quite new to my collection but I’m liking it a lot! It feels moisturising and smoothing on the skin and foundation is a breeze to apply over the top.
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – The only brow product I use but it’s easy and the colour is natural, it’s very similar to the actual colour of my eyebrows.
4. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation – 100 Fair – When I want coverage and flawless looking skin this is my foundation of choice. I find this doesn’t wear away throughout the day around the areas of my skin that have natural redness and wears evenly everywhere. It’s not too glowy either.
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion – I am a total convert to this eye primer! It really does make a difference to the longevity of eye makeup.
6. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – This concealer pairs nicer with the Max Factor foundation than my MAC concealer for some reason. Maybe it’s because this concealer is more creamy which is better match with a demi-matte foundation.
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I am getting close to hitting pan on this – I can see the outline through the product which is really exciting! This bronzer is a staple in my makeup routine now and I wear it each time I do makeup. I apply it to my cheeks, chin, nose and temples.
8. Revolution Re-Loaded Iconic Fever Palette – This palette was sent to me by Nadine and I have been looking for an opportunity to use orange matte shade in the third row. I applied the orange shade in my crease after applying the second shade in the top row all over the lid as a base.
9. Qianyu Eyeshadow palette – Green eyeshadow is an obvious inclusion! I have had this little palette for a few years, I originally purchased it for the blue shade but I wear the green more. It’s a lovely shimmery green that is pigmented and doesn’t have a lot of fallout either.
10. MAC Silver Pigment – I wanted to add a little something to the green eyeshadow so I applied a small amount of silver on the inner corner and inner half of the eyes to make them look more cool toned and add extra sparkle!
11. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – 003 Blackest Black – I had to use my favourite, holy grail mascara – even the tube is green! This mascara never lets me down, the big wand is so easy to use and my lashes always look long and voluminous.
12. MAC Soft & Gentle – This highlighter is one of my favourites in my collection and really does go with anything. The shimmer ties in with the shimmer in the eye look nicely. I hadn’t used Soft & Gentle in a while before creating this look and it was nice to bring it out again.
13. MAC Velvet Teddy – I wanted a neutral lip colour and something that would pull on the orange tones used for the eye look. Velvet Teddy looks more brown than pink on me but the more I use this shade the more I like it.
14. Rimmel Oh My Gloss! – Glossaholic – This is such a lovely lipgloss, it’s not overly sticky and it always looks nice applied over other lip colours.
The Finished Look:
Will you be incorporating green into your makeup? Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day?