2017 is the only year since I started blogging that I didn’t create a Valentine’s themed makeup look but other than that it’s pretty much a yearly tradition. This is my first Valentine’s Day in three years being single (shoutout to all my fellow single babes!) and I’m okay with that. I’ve been doing much better these past few months and I’m not the kind of girl that relies on a man. I believe things will work out the way they’re meant to… or at least I hope so!
For this look I wanted to create something dreamy and sweet but not overly pink. I opted for base products that would give a subtle glow and look smooth and seamless on the skin. I didn’t go bold on the lips or eyes and kept an almost totally neutral palette, adding pops of colour to the cheeks and lips.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Senstive
2. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel
4. L’Oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2 Porcelain Ivory – I haven’t spoken about this foundation on my blog too much. I have had it for almost a year now and it’s the one I am using as my everyday foundation most days and want to finish up next. The formula is light and easy to blend and perfect if you like glowy, hydrating foundations.
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion
6. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10
7. Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – I find the L’Oreal foundation slightly too glowy in the summer on it’s own so I set my cheeks, nose and chin with powder.
8. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte
9. Shaaanxo The Remix Palette – I used the shade Clarity as a base shadow all over the lid and the shade Buttercup in the crease mixed with a small amount of The Body Shop bronzer.
10. MAC Naked Pigment – Naked was applied over top of Clarity.
11. Tanya Burr Selfie Lash Mascara – I was sent this mascara by a blogging friend and I have been enjoying using it! The brush is small allowing you to get into all the lashes and the formula isn’t wet and smudgy. This gives a lovely natural look but a second coat really adds oomph.
12. Makeup Revolution Blush Queen Palette – I used the third shade in the top row and applied it using a Detail Fibre Brush from xoBeauty which is my favourite to use with this palette. The brush picks up a combination of colour and shimmer and gives the loveliest finish.
13. xoBeauty Radiant Glow Powder – Aurora – Usually if I’m using a blush with shimmer I won’t apply highlighter as well but this one from xoBeauty has a beautiful pink shift and isn’t blinding so it blends in with the blush nicely.
14. The Body Shop Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist
15. xoBeauty Liquid Lipstick – Carpe Diem – This is such a unique shade of lipstick; a muted lilac. The colour isn’t too pale for me (but is probably better suited to lighter skin tones) and when it fades a little it looks more pink. The formula of these liquid lipsticks is gorgeous and they have a delicious creme brulee scent!
The Finished Look:
Are you doing anything to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, whether you’re single or part of a couple? 💕