Month one of 2019 down already! I always see people complain January feels like the longest month but personally I don’t agree. I dislike January for a different reason and that’s the heat, as I’m sure you know by now I prefer cold weather.
This year I thought I would change my monthly favourites posts and include some highlights in them as well. This is the first post in the new format and I hope you like it!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. F.R.I.E.N.D.S T-shirt – F.R.I.E.N.D.S is one of my favourite shows that I never get tired of re-watching. I spotted this t-shirt in a shop at the end of December and knew I had to have it. It’s thin material so it pays to wear another light layer underneath which is fine for summer. I wore this for the first time on New Years Eve tucked into some black pants with a bright pink lip colour and loved the casual feel of the outfit.
2. Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT – I haven’t mentioned this perfume on the blog until now. It was purchased towards the end of 2018 with the intent for it to become one of my everyday scents for work. Prior to purchasing this perfume I hadn’t smelt it before but I knew it was quite a popular fragrance. It does indeed smell beautiful and will be a perfect perfume for work, it’s floral, girly, light and lasts well.
3. xoBeauty Nam Jai Liquid Lipstick – Hands up who guessed this would make the cut?! This lip product is one of the best colours I have discovered in a long time and I will get so much wear out of it. Bright shades are why I love makeup; they make me feel more confident and youthful and portray a sense of fun.
4. The Body Shop Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist – With the warmer weather I have been enjoying applying a face mist when I do my makeup in the morning. The strawberry scent is one of my personal favourites from The Body Shop and this mist smells divine. I do find it does a good job at smoothing my makeup and keeping everything in place. My skin looks softer as a result.
5. Stabilo Boss Pastel Highlighters – I am still enjoying bullet journalling as much now as when I started and for 2019 I wanted to add more colour to various pages. This six pack of highlighters arrived in early January and I love all of them, I don’t think I can pick a favourite!
- I got a new phone – the iPhone 6s Plus. I still have the space grey colour but I have a bigger screen now. I adapted to the new screen size quickly which I’m pleased about.
- Nadine finally received her 1,000 followers giveaway prize! I sent it at the end of October 2018 and after constant worry it had gotten lost and reassurance from Nadine that the South African postal system is slow, it arrived. She did an unboxing and shared a picture on Instagram.
- I got a haircut.
- It was my birthday! I turned 24 on the 24th.
January’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!