Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- At work on Friday we had our Secret Santa gift exchange and I got a pretty stationery set. I missed everyone else getting to open their presents though!
- My watch and cuff set from Daniel Wellington arrived and it is beautiful! The fit is perfect and the watch is so lightweight to wear. My mum loves how dainty the petite face looks too.
- I did a trial run of my Shania Twain concert makeup over the weekend and straight away knew that I needed smokier eyes on the night. I took inspiration from two of her music videos and was happy with how the look turned out.
- After my makeup was done I went into town and looked round a couple of shops. I bought a bottle of Daisy perfume by Marc Jacobs and some chocolates.
- Sunday was more of a relaxed day. I didn’t get dressed, I stayed in my pyjamas, caught up on YouTube videos, painted my nails, washed a couple of makeup brushes and changed my sheets.
- Monday was my last day of work before the concert. I got up early on Tuesday morning, showered and had breakfast before leaving to head up to Auckland for the night. When we got to Auckland we met my brother and he and I had butter chicken for lunch. I started getting ready around 4pm and my brother dropped mum and I off to catch a train into the city shortly afterwards.
- Mum and I went to McDonalds to eat then made our way to the arena for the concert. I checked out the merchandise stand and bought a Shania keyring and black jumper. No doubt you’ll see the jumper on Instagram at some point.
- The concert started at 8:30pm and as Shania entered the arena and made her way to the stage she walked past my row and I got to touch her hand! It was a surreal moment and one I’ll treasure forever! The concert lasted two hours and I had such a good time, I was singing and up dancing and wished it could have kept going.
- The next day mum and I went back to the mall we met my brother at the previous day and did a bit of shopping. I bought a CD, a calendar for 2019 and a pair of Skechers sandals.
- I was announced as one of the winners of The Anna Edit’s Instagram competition to win a signed copy of her book, An Edited Life.
- Halo was pleased to see us when we arrived home.
- I opened a parcel to see it was a surprise goodie box from Dannii. I have already eaten the chocolates and started on the shortbread. I can’t wait to try the beauty products too!
- I told a few people at work about my concert experience when I returned on Thursday.
- The battery in my FitBit needed changing but it only needs doing every seven months or so which is pretty good.
What I’ve been listening to:
- Shania Twain Now and Greatest Hits – With my Shania concert this week it seemed only right!
How was your week?