Today is the day I get to see Shania Twain in concert, and not only that but it’s her FIRST EVER concert in New Zealand! I became a fan when I was three years old and heard ‘From This Moment On.’ To be able to say I’ve seen Shania will be an absolute dream come true. Not only does she have a beautiful voice and incredible song writing ability, her story is one of strength and grace. Her life hasn’t always been easy but she refuses to give up and she continues to succeed.
Choosing an outfit for the concert was easy. I opted for my Shania Now album cover t-shirt with a pair of black leggings. Casual and comfy but concert appropriate.
Makeup wise I wanted to do a Shania-esque look so I drew inspiration from two of her music videos. I incorporated a berry red lip from ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’ and a dark smoky eye from ‘I’m Gonna Getcha Good.’
Products listed in order:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – This moisturiser works really well with my current primer and skincare routine. It soaks in quickly without leaving my skin dry or greasy.
2. Too Faced Hangover Primer – I like this primer and ever since I started using it my makeup has looked really nice.
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Even with this being as small as it is it still applies how it always has.
4. Max Factor Lasting Finish Foundation in 100 Fair – When I want a flawless finish and good coverage this is my foundation of choice! I previously used this in 101 Ivory Beige, but think this shade is the better match out of the two.
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion – I want my eye makeup to last the night so this was a no brainer.
6. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – I used this concealer rather my MAC one as it’s easier to reapply without ruining the base underneath.
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I like to use a light dusting of bronzer to act sort of like a setting powder and take off any major shine. I apply bronzer to the tops of my cheeks, my chin, my temples and in a ‘w’ shape over my cheeks and nose.
8. Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette – I did a makeup trial the Saturday before the concert using my Zoeva Cocoa Blend Voyager Palette and the black shade from my Shaaanxo palette but the eyes weren’t intense and dark enough for my liking. I loved the Halloween eye makeup I did *HERE* so I decided to recreate that look on concert night.
9. MAC Silver Pigment – I used a short shadow brush to place the pigment on the inner corner of the eyes. I just wanted a small pop of shimmer so the dark, smokiness could shine through.
10. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – My holy grail mascara! The large wand on this mascara means more lashes get coated at a time and the wand is really good for bottom lashes. One coat on the bottom lashes is enough otherwise I find they detract from the top lashes.
11. NARS Mini Orgasm Blush Highlight Duo – This blush goes with any look and the highlighting shade in the duo is the perfect accompaniment. I chose this product as it’s easy to travel with and contains blush and highlighter rather than having to pack two separate products.
12. Rimmel 107 Lipstick – A red lip is always a good idea and this one from Rimmel is not only similar to the colour Shania wears in the video for ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’ but it’s also festive and looks great with leggings and a white tee!
The Finished Look:
Who is one artist you’d love to see in concert?
What do you think of my concert makeup?