Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- After work on Friday I went to the post shop to return a pair of shoes. I ordered two pairs to make sure I got the best size. I went to the supermarket after that. I got a loaf of garlic bread for dinner and it was delicious. I had some leftover for lunch on Saturday.
- On Saturday I ordered a watch and cuff set from Daniel Wellington. I have tiny wrists, 15cm in circumference and the standard bracelet size is 19-20cm which is quite a difference. I looked at petite watches on the site and it says they will fit wrists a similar size to mine. I ordered the Classic Petite Melrose + Small Cuff set. I got the rose gold watch (it also comes in sterling silver) with a white 28mm face. You can select a black face but I felt white looked more classic. Normally I am unable to wear watches that have a metal strap but this clasp can be moved to suit each individual. For Christmas/my birthday coming up in January I thought it would be nice to spoil myself!
- During the weekend I had some chores to do. I washed a few makeup brushes, prepped blog posts and did a few outside jobs like mowing lawns and trimming a tree. The weather was so warm on Sunday which I didn’t enjoy!
- On Monday a kikki.K order arrived. The order was delayed due to an influx of orders around Black Friday and I was worried my items wouldn’t arrive in time for the Secret Santa at work but they did!
- I purchased a new conditioner to try from Schwarzkopf as my current OGX one is almost finished.
- Work has been busy not only with different things to do but this week there have been two morning teas. One was a thank you from the wider part of council for all the library does and the other was with staff from the hospital that share our building.
- I tried sushi for the first time and I didn’t enjoy it. I had chicken teriyaki and it wasn’t the texture of the rice and seaweed or the taste, it was the smell of the chicken that put me off. If it had been vegetable sushi I might have enjoyed it more.
- I got my car fixed! I haven’t driven for a couple of months and the car wouldn’t start last week. Mum thought it could be the battery or the alternator but it turns out one of the fuse links was completely fried. So glad it wasn’t anything major and costly.
What I’ve been listening to:
- The Saturdays – Living For the Weekend and Chasing Lights – I felt in a girly pop mood on Saturday evening and played two albums from one of my favourite bands.
How was your week?