Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- On Friday I had a few things I needed to do in town. I felt like doing really nice makeup and I absolutely love how it came out. (It’s the second to last most recent selfie where I’m a wearing a black top and light pink lip colour).
- On Saturday my mum went to hospital. She hasn’t been well for the past two weeks and she gets bad asthma. She’d been to a doctor and was prescribed antibiotics but she still wasn’t well. As a child I have witnessed a flare up of her asthma numerous times and almost every time I am the one that looks after her. 90% of the time I manage to keep her calm and she doesn’t have to go to hospital but last weekend I felt like I failed her. If I hadn’t been sick myself she either wouldn’t have got sick or I would have been able to care for her better.
- Long story short, she discharged herself on Saturday night. The antibiotic changed and she felt better. I was thankful to my brother who drove down to be with us. On Sunday she woke up and the change in how she felt and acted was clear to see. She is still coming right and it’s a slow process but I am glad I have been off work this week to help her.
- On Sunday my brother and I got our traditional curry and I also introduced him to those yummy donuts!
- I got photos done for upcoming blog posts on Sunday and sang and it felt like the first calm day in a while.
- On Monday I went to the post office and spent the afternoon doing a couple of modules for a customer service course I am doing at work.
- We had Texas Chicken for dinner on Monday night (it opened recently and it’s sort of like KFC) and I really enjoyed it!
- On Tuesday I tried a Bubblegum Frappucino from Starbucks to celebrate their 20th Anniversary in New Zealand. It was nice but my favourites are the Toffee Nut or the French Vanilla they had a few years ago but have never brought back.
- Tuesday afternoon I was so tired (I haven’t slept much these past few weeks) so I curled up in bed and caught up on a bunch of YouTube videos.
- I haven’t read hardly at all since my time off started which makes me sad but I started an ebook on Tuesday night – a Vera Stanhope mystery by Ann Cleeves.
- My brother went home on Wednesday. I had a lazy day and my first sleep in in a while.
- I finally got around to watching Faye & Giovanni’s dance from Saturday’s episode of Strictly. Faye is doing so well and I’d love to see her win!
- On Thursday I slept in again and had another easy day. I showered, painted my nails, washed a few makeup brushes, read and blogged.
- I haven’t eaten very well this week, there’s been more fast food than usual but I still wouldn’t say I’ve eaten excessive amounts. Do you notice when you’re busy or unexpected things crop up plans and routines go out the window?
How was your week?