Halloween isn’t a big deal in New Zealand which I think is due to us being in spring when it falls as opposed to autumn for the other side of the world. I’ve been trick or treating once and personally I don’t go to parties or dress up. Not wanting to be a complete spoilsport I thought it would be fun to create a makeup look inspired by dark, bold colours. I was very much inspired by Rebecca’s makeup in this post.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – Since using this moisturiser I have noticed clearer skin, I don’t get a lot of blemishes anyway but even less now. I really like how this works.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – The last use of this primer was for this look! It’s finally finished! It’s a good primer.
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – In all the time I’ve had this brow pencil the colour has always remained the same and the pencil has never dried out or turned crumbly.
4. Max Factor CC Cream – 40 Fair – I have been loving this the past week or so on my sick skin. It applies so smoothly over my moisturiser and primer and doesn’t accentuate dry skin or redness. One layer is enough and the product blends/buffs really easily.
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion – I am a total convert to eye primers but only if they’re as good as this one! It has become a staple in my everyday makeup routine.
6. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer blends effortlessly on top of the Max Factor CC cream.
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – A light dusting of this over my cheeks to add a light wash of colour and make the look slightly more matte.
8. Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette – The two dark greyish-blue shades at the end of the palette stood out to me and are a key element to this look. I used the first shade in the palette all over the lid, the second to last shade in the crease and the last shade on the right on top of the base shade.
9. MAC Silver Pigment – Silver eyeshadow has always been my jam, I find it easier to work with than gold as some golds are patchy. I applied the pigment to the inner half of the eyes to make them pop.
10. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – Further adding to the dramatic, dark overall look. I use this mascara in the Extreme Black shade as I love super dark lashes.
11. Chi Chi Unicorns & Mermaids Cream Highlighter Palette – I purchased this palette earlier in the year and while my mum uses it most of the time I knew the blue shade ‘Rainbow’ would look lovely with the silver-gunmetal eye. The cream formula is easy to work with and you can build it up or keep it more subtle.
12. MAC Matte Royal – The blue lipstick came out! I don’t wear this shade often but it’s good to have on hand for looks like this. I instantly knew I wanted to create a cool toned, blue look and this was one of the key products – it’s perfect!
The Finished Look:
Do you celebrate Halloween? What do you think of this makeup look?