Many people know me as the bold lipstick girl but there are days and occasions where a bold lip isn’t always appropriate. A job interview is a formal occasion and I still like to wear makeup but a simple, understated look. I opt for soft pinks and nothing too shimmery. It’s nice to pare it back sometimes.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – I’ve been using this as my daytime moisturiser for a few months now and I’m enjoying it. There is no sunscreen smell and the moisturiser feels very light on the skin and soaks in easily.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – I apply primer 5-10 minutes after moisturiser and this primer really helps to smooth out my skin and make foundation apply nicely over the top.
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Been filling in my brows with this since 2016.
4. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 100 Fair – Even though my skin leans towards the drier side I don’t always prefer dewy foundations. This one from Max Factor is a nice cross between dewy and matte and the coverage with one layer sits at medium, it can be built up if you like fuller coverage too and it builds like a dream. This is my favourite foundation.
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion – After trying this eye primer I am a total convert! Some eyeshadows perform similarly with or without it but I do see a difference for the most part. The eyeshadow palette I used for this look has super soft, buttery shades and this primer held them on the eyelids better.
6. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer has good coverage and a good layering ability. The concealer is not drying on the skin despite not being a liquid cream formula.
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – A light dusting of this over my face helps add a healthy hint of colour and as I have said plenty of times in the past it is extremely difficult to overdo it with this bronzer.
8. Covergirl TruNaked Roses Palette – I don’t use this palette as much as I should but I don’t tend to wear a lot of pink on my eyes. I used three shades from the palette for a soft, blown out natural eye look.
9. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – I am using one of the tubes I purchased from Beauty Joint earlier in the year and now the mascara has been open a few weeks it’s starting to get to the point I really like; it makes the lashes look super black and adds a pretty flutter. The bigger size of this brush makes it easier to coat more lashes and because of this I don’t have to hold it as close to my bottom lashes.
10. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – Soft & Gentle – I know I mentioned in the intro I don’t wear anything too shimmery but I wanted my cheeks to have a nice glow so I tapped this highlighter onto my cheeks with my ring finger for a lighter, softer application.
11. MAC Syrup – This is the perfect lipstick for any occasion and one of my all time favourites!
The Finished Look:
What type of makeup would you wear for a job interview?
P.S. My blog giveaway ends TONIGHT at 23:59pm NZST. CLICK HERE TO ENTER!