Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Friday was a busy day. Mum took her car to get serviced and a WoF (Warrant of Fitness). After that I was on a mission to find a hat for quiz night at the last minute. My team were The Three Musketeers and I improvised by adding an elastic feather headband to a hat. We had swords and stick on moustaches to complete the look.
- Quiz night was fun (but long) and there was definitely an age bias on the questions. Our team didn’t come last which was the goal and we ended up with a goody basket to split between us. The dinner was lovely and dessert was even better, there was cheese and crackers and a caramel chocolate brownie.
- My quiz night makeup was so pretty and I felt like a very glamorous musketeer!
- I had a sleep in on Saturday and had an easy day. I prepped upcoming blog posts, read some of my book and made macaroni cheese for lunch.
- On Sunday I loved my makeup yet again and went for a smoky eye with pops of pink on my cheeks and lips.
- Work was quiet but that’s the only day it has been quiet this week. There’s only a couple of days left of school holidays which is a relief!
- I woke up around 6am on Monday morning with the worst migraine I’ve had in a long time. I got up and took some ibuprofen and put herbal relief cream on my shoulders but my head was pounding and I ended up vomiting from the severity of the pain. I phoned in sick on Monday and went back to bed.
- To cheer myself up on Monday afternoon I placed an order on White Fox Boutique. I purchased a bodysuit (I haven’t worn one before but the strap detailing on the one I ordered is really nice) and a t-shirt dress. Depending on how the t-shirt dress looks and the length, it may be nice to use as sleepwear for summer. At the time of this post the order is yet to arrive.
- I wore one of my favourite lipsticks on Tuesday – Show Orchid by MAC – and it got such lovely comments!
- On Wednesday I published another of the most personal posts I think I’ve ever written. I shared my thoughts and feelings towards dating, love and relationships. To read the post, CLICK HERE.
- Wednesday also marked World Mental Health Day and I saw lots of positive, uplifting posts on Instagram and Twitter which is great. Mental health is just as important as physical health and I wish we could live in a world where everyone felt comfortable to talk about their feelings. I used to hide away a lot as a teenager and sometimes I revert back to that but I try not to bottle things up as much anymore. Being completely honest I have days I feel alone and don’t want to bother anyone and that’s why I try to be there for others because I don’t want them to feel that way either. I am always only a conversation/tweet/DM/message away if you EVER need someone ❤
- I worked extra again on Thursday.
- Thursday afternoon the weather turned grey which I quite liked. Sometimes I’m in the mood for miserable, dull weather.
What I’ve been listening to:
Sarah Close – Crazy Kind – Sarah is a British singer-songwriter and Crazy Kind is a catchy, upbeat pop tune!
How was your week?
P.S. A quick reminder, there’s a few days left to enter the giveaway I’m running. CLICK HERE TO ENTER!