In August I shared a post with the items on my MECCA Beauty Wishlist that were currently sitting in my online bag. I culled that down by half and ended up purchasing four of the seven things on my list last week. The items I purchased are all pretty much new brands to me apart from Urban Decay as I won one of their lipsticks through a blog giveaway a few years ago.
The shipping was so quick! I ordered on Monday evening and the order arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I got free shipping and received three samples with my order, one of which I will use and the other two will go in my giveaway pile.
Products listed in order of application:
Products with (N) are new items.
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive
2. Too Faced Hangover Primer (N)
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel
4. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion (N)
6. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte
8. MAC Tan Pigment
9. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – 003 Extreme Black
10. NARS Mini Orgasm Blush Highlight Duo (N)
11. MAC Syrup
- Too Faced Hangover Primer – The coconut scent is faint and fades almost instantly which is good. I’m not a fan of coconut and it’s barely there with this primer. The primer feels very cooling on the skin and is more of a creamy consistency. It doesn’t contain any silicone so it doesn’t feel oily or slippy. The rest of my makeup applied nicely over the top and my skin feels soft. I’ll have to give this a few more tries to see if I like it more than my Makeup Revolution primer.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – I was surprised to find out this tube has a doe foot applicator inside it, I thought you squeezed product out! I decided to apply this before my concealer to give it a few minutes to sit on the eyelid before doing my eye makeup. I used my ring finger to apply a light wash of The Body Shop bronzer to my eyelid as a base on top of the primer and the bronzer did stick well. I dabbed MAC’s Tan pigment with the same finger over top and the pigment looks more sparkly than it usually does. The pigment didn’t fade throughout the day or sink into creases on my eyelid. Loving this already!
- NARS Mini Orgasm Blush Highlight Duo – I finger swatched these the day before applying them and they definitely show up more pigmented on the face – in a good way. I used one side of my Real Techniques Setting Brush for Orgasm and the other side of the brush for the Orgasm highlighter. I don’t often wear blush and highlighter together but these two are so glowy and beautiful and they give a lovely, healthy shine to my cheeks.
The Finished Look:
Have you purchased any new makeup recently? Was it a hit or a miss?
Have you tried any of the products I purchased from MECCA before?