Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- If you know how much I love the number 3 you’ll understand how satisfying it is that this is ramble #33!
- Last Friday I got called into work. It was so windy outside and sitting at the traffic lights on the way in I could see them shaking in the wind.
- I saw Sophie Hannah’s new Poirot mystery on the New Release shelf at work and issued it instantly. I finished it over the weekend and absolutely loved it! I’m hoping for more!
- After work on Friday mum and I went to the mall and I found a brand new book for only $3.00! It’s called Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman and it sounds like it will be a good laugh with a hint of romance.
- I applied for Annual Leave at work during the last week of October which is the same week Harry and Meghan are in New Zealand. They will even be visiting my city which is pretty cool!
- On Monday evening I placed a MECCA Beauty order which arrived less than 48 hours later on Wednesday afternoon. I created a makeup look with the three makeup items on Thursday and absolutely loved it. A blog post will be up sharing which products I used next Monday but I shared an image on Instagram if you want to see in advance how the look turned out. Spoiler: I love the products and I’m super happy with how they looked on my skin!
- On Tuesday my ASOS order arrived and sadly the dress was a disappointment. It was big around the shoulders as mine are quite narrow but the elasticated waist didn’t fall in the right place on me and it wasn’t flattering. I posted the dress back on Thursday. The scarf is amazing though! The colour and pattern are really pretty and I’ve worn it already!
- For most of this week I’ve had a sad feeling and I think it’s mostly hormone related but I’ve felt really uneasy. I’ve been missing my ex again as around this time two years ago we met for the first time and everything was new and exciting and I remember being so happy at that point in my life. I don’t know if this is TMI but the idea of physical touching, kissing and hugging makes me feel sick and like it’s dirty/wrong to think of that now. Maybe it’s because I’m associating it with the person who hurt me but I don’t want it to be a hurdle in the future. Let me know if you’d like a post exploring that a bit further, I think it could be interesting and honest, personal stories and experiences are what I do well on this blog. It could even turn into a Hey, It’s Okay…
- Alongside the uneasy feelings and sadness there have been moments of anger and confusion relating to online dating this week too. I’ve never slammed dating apps in the past as that’s how I met my first boyfriend (so it can work) but this time round I have had a different experience. I didn’t expect it would be the same as before and I was going to get a boyfriend quickly and we’d meet and hit it off and that would be it. I can barely have a conversation, let alone get to the point of actually meeting up with somebody. I’m not afraid to ask what kind of thing they’re looking for or ask questions to try and get to know the person better but 90% of them only seem to want one thing, unmatch me or just stop responding. I see it as an indication that they aren’t worth getting to know but in today’s digital, online world it can be frustrating. Everything is done behind a screen and they would rather message on Facebook than meet for a bite to eat or see a movie. I’m a bit more traditional and prefer to get to know someone in person. I feel like I could write a whole post on this subject too so again, let me know if you’d like one.
What I’ve been listening to:
Silk City and Dua Lipa – Electricity – Dua Lipa is like Ellie Goulding 2.0 for me. Nearly every song she makes I love, her tone is distinctive and she’s British! Dua teams up with Silk City and Mark Ronson for this catchy house offering.
How was your week?