Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Last Friday’s driving practice was worse than the week before, I got very anxious again and just didn’t feel comfortable. My mum thinks it has something to do with how small my car is and any slight turn of the steering wheel moves the car. This week I will try practicing in her car to see if I find it any better.
- After the drive I wasn’t in a very good mood and just wanted to be left alone so I did some blog post prep and listened to music.
- On Saturday I woke up in a better mood. I made myself garlic bread for lunch which was yummy.
- On Sunday I wore a new pair of glasses to work for the first time (my purple pair).
- After work on Sunday I walked to Dunkin’ Donuts and met up with one of my old work colleagues. I had a hot chocolate, a Bavarian Kreme donut and a Strawberry Frosted donut. It was so nice to see her and just talk and laugh.
- I really loved Monday’s makeup look. I went for a peachy lip colour and peach blush and actually wore highlighter and blush together, normally I wear one or the other but my cheeks looked so glowy and pretty!
- At work we have a coffee cart and the lady accidentally made the wrong size coffee and she asked me if I wanted it for free. I’m not a huge coffee drinker but it was delicious. I had a Flat White with soy milk.
- The weather has been better this week than predicted which is always useful for trips to the supermarket meaning you don’t get rained on.
- On Tuesday I wore my black glasses to work for the first time after wearing the purple ones for two days. I don’t know whether to have one pair for work or not. I might just alternate between the two and wear which pair my mood is feeling on the day.
- I felt a little flat after work on Wednesday. One of the lifts is broken at work so it means taking the stairs and while it’s good exercise it tires me out going up six flights of stairs multiple times a day.
- Because I was so tired on Wednesday I had such a good sleep that night and woke up on Thursday feeling refreshed. I got called into work and again loved my makeup look. I went for a pink/mauve colours and shimmer.
- Thursday marked one year since I started my job at the library. I was gifted a small bottle of wine and a handwritten note.
- After work mum and I picked up fish and chips for dinner and the chips were especially tasty! Can’t beat a hot chip!
- After dinner I washed my makeup brushes and partly cleaned the oven.
- I downloaded the eBook of Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher and started reading it on Thursday night.
What I’ve been listening to:
Ariana Grande – Sweetener – I have such an adoration for Ariana’s voice and her new album is catchy.
Madonna – Celebration – I’m not the biggest Madonna fan (don’t shoot me) but after seeing so many people sharing their favourite tracks when it was her birthday last week I felt like listening to this compilation album.
How was your week?