Not going to lie, June has been up and down for me. On the whole it hasn’t been too bad, I had some time off work and got to sleep in lots and catch up on things I wanted to do but on the other hand I thought I was getting sick again and there are still days I get emotional over the breakup. Makeup has been something I’ve enjoyed spending more time applying this month and trying some new looks and products.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Anti-Flamme – I am sure other countries must have creams similar to this; they provide relief to sore, tense muscles and they contain herbal ingredients. Any bad headaches or tension I’ve felt in my neck and shoulders I have been applying this lately and it works so well. It smells like peppermint but the smell isn’t strong and a little goes a long way. This kind of product helps with injuries, joint aches and strained muscles too.
2. xoBeauty Liquid Lipstick in Carpe Diem – I haven’t had this liquid lipstick very long but already I can tell it is a shade I want to wear a lot! I’m not a fan of liquid lipsticks but the formula of this one by xoBeauty is creamy as opposed to matte and it’s very comfortable to wear. Carpe Diem is described as a muted wearable lilac and on me it looks like a light purple/nude all in one.
3. OPI – The I’s Have It – This nail polish is another product that I have purchased in the last month. I tend to gravitate towards blue nail polish (and blue jumpers) and this is the most beautiful blue polish I have tried. The I’s Have It is a lovely, creme polish from the Alice In Wonderland collection released in 2016. This is more of a baby blue rather than a pastel blue. I can’t wait to wear it again soon!
4. The Body Shop Moringa EDT – I got this eau de toilette last year and I bought it because I really like the convenient travel size of these scents from The Body Shop. I previously had the strawberry eau de toilette and I went for the moringa scent this time round because it’s fresh and floral and at the time of purchase it was spring and summer was coming up. I highly recommend the moringa range at The Body Shop if you haven’t tried it.
5. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush – I have had this brush for a couple of years now and over the past couple of months I have been loving it for cleaning up around the eye and blending out any harsh lines. I haven’t tried using this brush to apply shadow or used it to apply crease shades – it’s funny how we don’t always use brushes the way they’re intended and how we come up with our own ways we like to use them. This brush isn’t available on it’s own, I bought it as part of a five piece eye set.
June’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in June?