Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- This is the first Redhead Rambles post in over a month. During my blogging break I didn’t write them and this week is the first week where I feel like my mindset isn’t quite as negative as it has been.
- Last Sunday I actually saw my ex-boyfriend (it still hurts to type that) for the first time in a month. I had been writing down what I wanted to say and I had every intention of getting angry at him but I couldn’t do it. Talking felt like old times and we even laughed together but I have begun to realise that I cared about him more than he cared about me and he wasn’t willing to fight to keep me. I need someone who loves me the way I love them. In no way do I feel animosity or like our love wasn’t important but I’ve accepted we won’t be together. One day I hope losing me hits him and he realises what he lost, I don’t mean that in an arrogant way but I know I’m not like a lot of other people and I’m different. I’m not saying I’m better for being different but my mind and personality is unique.
- Monday was Queen’s Birthday in New Zealand so we got a long weekend and I got an extra day off work. I had a chilled day and spent the afternoon curled up on the couch with a book.
- Work was busy-ish on Tuesday (as to be expected after a public holiday) and was very hot. There’s an issue with the boiler and until it gets fixed it’s like working in a sauna and the temperature can’t be turned down.
- I also experimented a little with some makeup this week. On Tuesday I used Maybelline’s Molten Highlighter in Rose Gold as an eyeshadow base for MAC’s Tan pigment and my eyes looked lovely and sparkly. On Wednesday I wore the blue cream highlighter from the Chi Chi Unicorns & Mermaids palette for the first time and loved it! Blue works so well with a fuschia lip!
- Wednesday was also my last day at work for a little while. I’ve got some annual leave. It’s my first proper break in a year.
- On Thursday I had a huge sleep in. I also made cheesecake in the afternoon, the cheesecake is nice but sickly if I have too big a slice.
- I shaved my legs for the first time in a couple of weeks. Using The Body Shop’s Vanilla Chai Body Scrub seems to work a treat at not making them dry and itchy.
- The final of My Kitchen Rules Australia 2018 aired this week and unfortunately the team I wanted to win didn’t.
- I have lost weight recently without really trying. With stress, being sick and not feeling as hungry there has been a noticeable difference. Mum and work colleagues have picked up on it.
What I’ve been listening to:
Jake Carter ft. Una Healy – Take Me Dancing – The upbeat, positivity of this song makes me happy. This is the type of song that makes you want to forget about everything and, dance.
Kylie Minogue – Golden – This album has been out for two months and after my break up the tracks took on more meaning. The album was penned after Kylie herself went through a break up and lots of the lyrics are how she felt and personal to her.
Ellie Goulding – Delirium – I was absolutely addicted to this album when it was released and it is still one of my favourites to listen to. Can’t beat an Ellie sing-a-long.
How was your week?