Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Before I get into how my current week has been I wanted to let you know I am no longer in a relationship. If you don’t follow me on Instagram you wouldn’t have seen my story announcing it. It was my first relationship and I was in it for almost two years. When another person takes up such a big part of your day and knowing they’re there makes you happy it’s hard to go from that to nothing. I feel like that’s the reason it hurts so much. I know I am a strong person and I will get through, it’ll just take some time.
- Last Friday I tried to go and see Avengers: Infinity War at the cinema but all the evening sessions were sold out.
- Saturday was a very emotional day, I cried a lot and cried hard. I spent the day in my pyjamas, read and watched a couple of episodes of Poirot.
- Sunday was my first day in my current job as a single lady and it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I told my team leader and another staff member what happened and they were supportive.
- Sunday was also the first day I didn’t cry and I’ve managed to not cry for five days straight.
- I really want to try the sock bun mentioned in THIS VIDEO from But First, Coffee but it seems complicated…
- I had a one on one meeting at work with my team leader which was very positive and complimentary.
- The online makeup order I placed a few weeks ago arrived. A post sharing what I got will be up on Monday.
- Monday’s post will be the last one for a while. I plan on having a blogging break for the next month or so, so my posts will be sporadic. I won’t not be posting but it won’t be three times a week. I will still be on Twitter and Instagram and reading/commenting on blogs.
What I’ve been listening to:
Shane Filan – You and Me – This album is so special to me and is one of my top five favourites of all time! I love every song and what makes an album a standout and worthy of top five status is not only listening to it a lot and knowing all the words but knowing all the instrumentation and all the little vocal changes. I still remember the hype when this came out and how excited I was.
Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry – I have always had an appreciation for Ariana’s voice. Her new track is catchy and I’m excited for what’s to come.
How was your week?