ANZAC Day is national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that falls each year on April 25th. The date marks the landing of Australian and New Zealand soldiers on the Gallipoli Peninsula in 1915 during World War One. For many New Zealanders the Gallipoli landings lamented New Zealand’s role as a distinct nation as it fought on the other side of the world in the name of the British Empire. ANZAC Day was first marked in 1916.
For this makeup look I took colour inspiration from poppies. I wore red lipstick to represent the petals, green eyeshadow to represent the leaves and black mascara to represent the middle of the poppy.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Simple Kind To Skin Rich Replenishing Moisturiser – My trusty everyday moisturiser, this soaks into skin quickly and keeps it hydrated. It is fragrance free and doesn’t irritate.
2. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – You know the routine by now. This is all I use to fill in my brows.
3. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain – Over the past month I have found ways this foundation works better and it’s still a great colour match for me year round. The trick is apply one layer rather than two thinner ones.
4. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer applies and adheres to the skin easily and doesn’t take long to blend either. It’s good for covering blemishes and redness.
5. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – Wearing this bronzer with the Rimmel foundation completes the look and adds more colour to my face without going overboard. If ever I feel a little pale I reach for this bronzer.
6. Qianyu Eyeshadow Palette – This sparkly green is best applied with the fingers and the shimmer is so beautiful. The shade isn’t messy to apply and there’s no fallout. I originally bought this palette for the blue shade but use the green more.
7. the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – I wanted a subtle glow and instantly knew this was the highlighter for the job. It is incredibly versatile and I can’t think of a look it wouldn’t go with.
8. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara – I am still loving this mascara and how dark it makes my lashes. The brush is super easy to work with, there’s no smudging or flaking and my lashes look longer than they actually are.
9. Dainty Doll Wonderbalm – Sometimes when I wear matte lipsticks I apply a light layer of this to my lips 20 minutes before my lipstick to ensure my lips don’t dry out and this balm almost acts like a lip primer and prolongs the wear time.
10. MAC Ruby Woo – The most pure red in my collection! Opting for a raspberry red, orange red or berry red wouldn’t have felt right.
The Finished Look:
Do you like my makeup interpretation of a poppy? Does your country have a remembrance day?