Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- To be honest I had a lazy weekend. I read, napped and ate pretty much.
- On Sunday I tried to purchase a copy of Kylie Minogue’s new album ‘Golden’ but the store only had the regular edition and I wanted the deluxe! I ordered a deluxe copy online and it arrived on Wednesday. It would have been Tuesday but no one was home when the courier attempted delivery.
- I tested Rimmel’s Match Perfection foundation with MAC’s StudioFinish concealer again and it didn’t crease and sink into fine lines. I only wore moisturiser and no primer – maybe that’s the key.
- On Tuesday I came home from work with a headache. I had some mini cinnamon donuts and lay down until I felt better.
- The Commonwealth Games are on TV and normal programming is on a break so mum and I have been getting through a number of movies this week. They all count towards my goal to watch 20 new movies in 2018.
- On Thursday I got my hair cut. I wanted to get it done before schools break up for two weeks and I had been looking forward to it for a while. It’s so nice to have thin, lighter hair. I decided to keep the layers but only have two instead of three and get a lot of the heaviness taken out. I got my fringe trimmed as well. I never get dye or colour put in. Check out my Instagram @chanellehayley_ to see a pic!
- I’ve been listening to music a lot this week and it reminds me how much I adore it. Music will always be the most important thing to me and it makes me think of days I would come home from school and sing for hours.
- I cleaned my foundation makeup brushes, they get the most use and need cleaning more frequently than the others.
- I mentioned last week the weather was still warm but that’s certainly changed, there’s been a cold snap this week and even though I prefer being cold to being hot it does make me appreciate the mild, in between months.
What I’ve been listening to:
Calvin Harris – One Kiss (with Dua Lipa) – I adore the tone of Dua Lipa’s voice, it is strong and kind of deep but her tracks are always catchy and she’s one of the ‘popular’ artists I like.
Shane Filan – Back To You – Shane is one of my absolute favourite artists! As always his voice sounds beautiful and I love when he drops new music without warning.
Andy Brown – Put That Record On – A singer whose voice gives me tingles when I listen to it. I’m so excited for Andy’s country/pop album in June!
What I’ve Been Watching:
Demi Lovato: Simply Complicated – I’m not a fan of Demi Lovato but I thought her YouTube original documentary would be a gripping watch and I wasn’t wrong. I like how honest Demi and everyone was and seeing behind the scenes of Demi in the recording studio. If you’re a fan or you enjoy music, I urge you to watch this.
How was your week?