Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Last weekend I didn’t get to see my boyfriend as he was busy with stocktake at work and it meant we wouldn’t have much time together.
- Mum made vegetable soup on Sunday afternoon and it is one of the things I look forward to most every year – her vegetable soup is amazing!
- I definitely know I want to get a haircut soon but as per usual I am unsure what to go for. I am undecided as to whether I should get shorter layers or get my hair thinned out a lot. I’m open to suggestions.
- I finally threw the items I decluttered back in February in the bin this week. I had to be sure MAC’s Silver pigment was equally as good as the silver shade in the Chi Chi palette otherwise that would have had to stay 😛
- On Tuesday work was short staffed so I stayed for two extra hours and after I knocked off I treated myself to an iced chocolate. It tasted really good! The library has a coffee cart that sells hot and cold drinks as well as snacks.
- My fave YouTube watches this week include Jaclyn Hill’s All Time Favourite Drugstore Products, Angela and Rory’s ‘Who’s More Likely To?’ celebrating their first wedding anniversary and In the Frow’s Best Friend Does My ASOS Haul.
- On Wednesday I had time to fill during my lunch break and decided to try the eBook services offered by the public library. As a member I can borrow ebooks for free. They are on my device for a couple of weeks and I can borrow up to eight at a time. The apps were easy to download and use.
- I finished the ebook in two days (started on Wednesday, finished on Thursday).
- I had my first feijoas of the season – feijoas are my favourite winter fruit!
- Thursday was a nice, chilled day off from work. I spent the day reading, blogging, watching TV and I had a yummy mince and cheese pie for lunch. It also marked the start of my five day weekend.
What I’ve been listening to:
Lucy Hale – Road Between – As a big Pretty Little Liars fan I’m surprised it took me this long to listen to Aria, I mean Lucy’s, album. I remember when I first heard she was doing country it intrigued me. Her voice suits the style and a few songs are catchy but I won’t be re-playing this album anytime soon.
What I’ve been watching:
Crooked House – I am still on my Agatha Christie kick. This film is based on one of her novels but it doesn’t feature Poirot or Miss Marple, it is a murder mystery in it’s own right. Overall I liked the film, it was a little slow in parts and the killer wasn’t too difficult to guess but it still made for a good story. The young male detective played by Max Irons was easy on the eye too!
How was your week?