Sometimes even on my days off I wear makeup if I have things planned or I want to look nice. Last Thursday I went into town for my first visit to Kmart and did a little bit of shopping. I opted for a casual, comfortable outfit and simple, pretty makeup. Hope you enjoy this post!
- Top: Dannii For Target
- Jeans: Glassons
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – This primer helps my foundation apply more smoothly and keep everything in place longer.
- Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – You know how much I love this by now! Look how small the pencil is getting.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain – Despite this no longer being my favourite foundation it is still good for everyday wear and one of the best colour matches for my skin. It looks nice with the primer and I notice the difference if I don’t use the primer.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – This concealer is my all time favourite. It blends like a dream and the colour match is perfect.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I love pairing this bronzer with the Rimmel foundation as it warms up my skin ever so slightly and still looks natural. The bronzer is extremely difficult to overdo. It also makes a good base for eyeshadow which I used it for on this day.
- Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Pink Opal – I applied a small amount of this on the inner corners of my eyes to make them stand out more.
- MAC Pigment in Tan – I applied this over the rest of my eyelids with my finger after going in with the Max Factor shadow. It gives the most beautiful sparkle. I love how you can go in light or heavy handed with this depending on the look you’re going for.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara (Blackest Black) – This mascara makes my lashes look long and full and black – it is amazing! I apply two coats to my top lashes and one coat to my bottom lashes.
- Dainty Doll Powder Blush in You Are My Sunshine – This gorgeous peachy-coral is my favourite blush. It gives the prettiest flush to the cheeks and I only need a small amount as it is pigmented. I love to apply this with my Real Techniques Setting Brush. It is small and fluffy and allows me to be precise with my application.
- Dainty Doll Lipstick in Material World – This is quite a warm shade of pink but it’s extremely beautiful. I think of this lipstick as ‘my job interview lipstick’ because it is a neutral, sophisticated shade. The formula is nourishing and has a kind of demi-matte finish. It’s very comfortable to wear and stays put and doesn’t slide around.
The Finished Look:
What items of clothing and makeup products do you associate with a casual look?