It feels like forever since I’ve written a favourites post but it’s only been a month! A fair bit has happened in that time which is probably the reason why it seems so long. These favourites are all things I have been using in January and incorporating into different parts of my day.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Leuchtturm 1917 Dotted Journal (Navy) – Hands up who guessed this would feature! I purchased a Bullet Journal to keep organised lists essentially. I don’t treat mine like a diary (maybe if I didn’t already have a planner). I’m loving writing in this and coming up with new page ideas. I have written a post about my Bullet Journal which you can view HERE. The post also includes a video giving you a look inside my journal.
2. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick #45 – I chose this lipstick as part of a Rimmel gift with purchase in 2017 and rediscovered it this month. This shade is a gorgeous dusky rose nude. Shade #45 sits in the middle of the range colourwise, it’s not the lightest shade nor is it the darkest. This lipstick is creamy but still has good pigmentation. It’s not the longest lasting but it’s nice for during the day. I like to apply Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Super Natural over the top to make lips look extra plump.
3. Real Techniques Bold Metals 203 Tapered Shadow Brush – Towards the end of 2017 I purchased some Real Techniques makeup brushes off of iHerb. This brush is lovely for applying and blending shadow in the crease and the outer corner of the eye. The brush looks like it will be too big but this isn’t the case at all. I love to use this brush alongside the Morphe 25A Copper Spice palette I received for Christmas. This brush is perfect for defining the crease and for blending out matte shades from the palette.
4. Nescafé Toffee Nut Latte – Every year Starbucks bring out their Christmas drinks and one of the flavours is usually Toffee Nut. I tried a Toffee Nut Frappucino and really enjoyed it so when I saw these sachets in the supermarket in the trolley they went. This is actually my second box, I purchased the first one in December and repurchased two weeks ago. For someone who doesn’t drink coffee I find these have a nice, light flavour. Lattes contain more milk than other types of coffee so they’re not as strong.
5. Instagram – A lot of people have been complaining about Instagram and the ‘algorithm’ lately and I’m going to admit I have no clue what the algorithm is supposed to do. I use Instagram because I like it and because I enjoy sharing photos and engaging with friends and bloggers and seeing what they post. I don’t have a theme I stick to or a routine where I only post at certain times or on certain days. I remember a couple of years ago Instagram made it so you could turn on notifications when people post so you will see your favourite accounts first and more often. I did that for no one simply because I like chronological order and although photos aren’t posted in chronological order anymore I still see every photo. In the morning I scroll until I get up to where I stopped the night before and I don’t seem to miss photos. I’m enjoying Instagram because of the engagement I’ve been getting recently.
January’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in January?