Hello everyone and welcome to the first post of my new series ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series will do what it says on the tin, it will be a redhead (me) who rambles about her week. Ramble means I will be sharing what I’ve been up to that week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will share favourite blog posts from fellow bloggers and articles I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Last week I had a few headaches and felt a little nauseous and I wonder if it was a result of the extra sugar and chocolate I’d been eating over Christmas. I have felt better this week.
- I watched a film with my boyfriend on New Year’s Eve called Our Kind of Traitor and it was excellent! A couple find themselves lured into a Russian oligarch’s plans to defect. They are positioned between the Russian Mafia and the British Secret Service, neither of whom they can trust. It’s not the usual type of film I go for but it was really interesting and one I’d watch again.
- I welcomed 2018 in by watching fireworks. Did you do anything to celebrate?
- The Royal Variety Performance for 2017 left me disappointed. I don’t find Miranda Hart funny and the lineup wasn’t as good as other years.
- On New Year’s Day I stumbled across a post on The Anna Edit about her Bullet Journal and planning tips. I’d watched Lily Pebbles’ video about her Bullet Journal a few weeks earlier and thought the concept seemed fun. I have a planner where I write appointments and things I’ve got to do but it’s not a place where I can keep organised lists and have structure without being confined to a weekly layout.
- On Tuesday I went out and purchased my own Bullet Journal! I spent most of the afternoon researching layouts, watching YouTube videos and journalling. I’m thinking of doing a blog post about my Bullet Journal in the coming weeks so you can see what I’m using it for and the journal and stationery I’ll be using. Most of this week has been spent obsessing over my Bullet Journal to be honest.
- Wednesday was my first day back at work for 2018 and it was SUPER BUSY! It was the library’s equivalent of Boxing Day sales.
- The Christmas tree came down.
- I got my fringe cut. I can’t wait to get a proper haircut but I have to wait for the shortest layer to grow. I want to go back to my hair being all the same length, I’m over layers.
- The weather has been rainy and dull this week which I really enjoy. Everything feels cosier.
What I’ve been listening to:
Steps – Tears On the Dancefloor – My favourite album of 2017 and my favourite band. It seemed only right to play it on New Year’s Day.
The Wanted – Word of Mouth – I don’t listen to as many boybands as girlbands but I felt like playing this album this week. It has some great pop tracks and uptempo songs.
ABBA – Gold – I was introduced to ABBA as a child by my mum and I have loved them ever since. This album is a classic and every so often I’m in the mood to listen to it.
How was your week?