Happy New Year! I hope the first day of 2018 is good to you and the other 364 days follow suit!
Generally my first post of the New Year is to wish my readers and fellow bloggers well and discuss what’s to come in the next 12 months. The second half of 2017 made me really enjoy blogging again after losing my way at the beginning of 2017 due to unforeseen circumstances. The past few months got me thinking of changes I can make without losing the essence of my blog and here is a small list I’ve come up with:
- I purchased a DSLR camera in July 2017 and improving and getting better at blog photography is the first thing on my list. I have been using my DSLR for the majority of blog photos since July 2017 and have had a head start but practice makes perfect!
- I will be publishing three posts per week. My old Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule will resume. In December 2017 I started posting at 8am (NZ time) and will trial that time slot for another couple of months.
- Fridays will be dedicated to a new weekly series, Redhead Rambles. The first post will be up on January 5th.
- #PinterestThoughtTuesday will continue on Instagram. (Follow me @chanellehayley_).
- Would you still like to see my Gratitude Journal/Happiness Highlights posts at the end of each month? There aren’t my most popular but if you enjoy them they will stay!
Now onto the personal side of things:
In 2017 I set five main goals and I’m proud to say I succeeded with four of them; exercise regularly, take each day as it comes, don’t stress about blogging and cut down on social media. The only goal I didn’t work on as much as the others was to drive. Driving makes me very nervous and I accept it will take time for me to get comfortable and that’s okay, I will get there.
Honestly, I don’t have any major goals for 2018. There are a few areas I want to focus on (lose weight, get better with my DSLR, read 50 books by the start of September) but mainly I want to live life and see what happens – I’m open to possibilities. Throughout the year I may set some goals but currently the only thing I want is to be happy.
I wish you all an amazing 2018 and I hope it brings everything you want! Spread love and positivity but don’t forget to look after yourself!