November’s favourites are all beauty items! I have been using a few new products recently and I’m pleased to say they have left good impressions. All of these products could be used together and I will definitely try a look with them in the coming weeks. In my October Favourites I mentioned I had been suffering bad headaches and this month it has been the polar opposite, I’ve barely had a headache.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. MAC Studio Moisture Cream – I bought the travel size of this moisturiser in July after reading about it on Stashy’s blog and I am a big fan! I am still on the first 30ml tube but I have already purchased a back up for when this one runs out. This moisturiser makes my skin feel smoother and softer than any other I’ve ever tried and it doesn’t irritate my skin or break me out. The scent is also really nice. MAC boasts a super-rich creamy moisturiser boosted with skin-nourishing extracts including passionfruit, spinach leaf, green tea, algae, wheatgerm and coconut.
2. Mary-Lou Manizer – I’ve owned Mary-Lou for a month now and I have been reaching for her on a regular basis. The colour is subtle but I like a light glow and not too much shimmer. I also like using this as a base shadow on the eyelids, it’s got good pigment as a shadow and I am guessing it would help cream shadows set quicker and stay in place longer. Honestly, I don’t think Mary-Lou is my favourite highlighter but I will be using it a lot.
3. Chi Chi Metal Foil Eyeshadow – Spice – Spice is best described as a warm, shimmery pink, and is a shade that would not be out of place in the Naked 3 palette. Despite pink being my favourite colour, I don’t have many pink eyeshadows as they don’t look as good as neutrals/browns on me. I was drawn to Spice because of the slight berry tinge to the pink and thought it would be easy to use due to it’s formula. I have only tried applying this with my finger so far and boy does a little go a long way! This eyeshadow can be a bit slippy so I want to try applying a base shadow underneath to see if that prolongs wear time.
4. NYX Cosmic Metals – Fuchsia Fusion – This lip cream has to be one of the most amazing products I have ever seen! If you didn’t already know, fuchsia is my favourite lip colour to wear and the addition of glitter/sparkle drew me in instantly. The pigmentation is outstanding and the doe foot applicator isn’t too big. One coat of this is enough to last a work day including eating and drinking and there is no transfer onto teeth. The formula doesn’t feel sticky like a gloss and glides onto the lips upon application. The shimmer is noticeable but there isn’t so much that it looks like a disco ball on your lips.
I had to include a close up of the tube so you can see how beautiful the colour looks and the sparkle and shine.
5. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 100 Fair – I wanted to try this foundation in the shade Fair ever since purchasing the second lightest shade Ivory Beige in 2016. New Zealand doesn’t sell Fair so I ordered it from Feel Unique and the colour match is perfect! It’s everything I love about Ivory Beige but one shade lighter and a better match for my skin tone. This foundation has good coverage and makes my skin look flawless. The formula is lightweight and doesn’t emphasise lines or dry skin.
November’s Spotify playlist:
What were your favourite things in November?