First off, Happy Halloween readers! October has been pretty good and my health has been much better. I’ve had a few nasty headaches but I always get headaches so it’s nothing new. I finished training at the library and am now on my proper, normal hours. I have had more time for me this month which I love, I’m more productive and there’s a work/life balance.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Juicy Couture Perfume – This has quickly become my favourite everyday perfume for work. The scent lasts all day and I get compliments when I wear it. I like that it’s different and not sweet like some of my other perfumes. It is bolder and less feminine than my other fragrances.
2. Big Little Lies – This show is one of the best I’ve watched in a while. At the end of each episode I immediately want to watch the next one and get disappointed when I have to wait a week. The storyline is quite mysterious and has lots of twists and turns. It reminds me of Revenge but a much more realistic version. I’m halfway through the series and from what I gather the episodes lead up to the murder of a character, the character is unknown but I have a feeling it will be Madeline (played by Reese Witherspoon). I can’t wait to see how the final episodes play out.
3. Ring Pendant Necklace – I bought this necklace in August and it is gorgeous! I like dainty, elegant pieces and this is exactly that. It’s a simple chain necklace with a miniature ring pendant. This necklace looks lovely on, it’s not over the top and everyone I’ve shown it to thinks it’s adorable.
4. Smokey Rose by Teeez – I won this eyeshadow in Stashy’s giveaway and lately it has been my go to eyeshadow when I stay over at my boyfriend’s and take makeup for work. The colour is a duochrome but the shade itself is very neutral and nice for everyday wear. I apply this with my ring finger and I love the effect it gives, my eyes look brighter and like I’ve made more of an effort than I have. The pigmentation and formula is really good. This eyeshadow works so well with bright pink lipstick! (Chanelle’s favourite).
5. Candle – I enjoy lighting candles when I have a chill day planned, I like to be able to burn them properly and sit and relax with them going. I have had this orange sherbet candle for a while now and the scent is subtle but nice. Strong scents aren’t for me, I prefer them to be softer and not fill the air completely or else I get a headache. I have a Vanilla candle from The Body Shop waiting in the wings too.
October’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in October?