I’m not really one to celebrate Halloween but this year I wanted to create a cat inspired makeup look! I didn’t want the look to be difficult to achieve and I had a couple of ideas in mind to get the look I wanted: smokey eyes and a berry lip. Let’s jump right in!
1. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – This foundation is my favourite when I want more of a matte finish. It doesn’t have SPF so I also knew it would look nice in pictures. This foundation has good coverage, for this look I applied two light layers and blended them out using my Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques.
2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – This is my holy grail concealer and it blends so nicely with the Max Factor foundation.
3. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW10 – I applied a smidge of this on top of the Collection to further eliminate redness and to even out my skin tone.
4. Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder – I wanted my skin to look more on the matte side so I applied this to the tops of my cheeks, my forehead and my nose and chin, basically any area that gets shiny.
5. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – I am still using this to fill in my brows. Enough said.
6. Maybelline ‘The Nudes’ Palette & Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 – I used a combination of shadows from both of these palettes. I started with two matte base shades from The Nudes before using a dark, plum shade through the crease from the Iconic 2. I then applied a darker shimmery brown from The Nudes on the centre of the eyelid and finished with a dab of shimmer from two shades in the Makeup Revolution palette. I also applied a little bit of the brown shade from The Nudes under my lower eyelashes to complete the look.
I have included a diagram and marked which shades I used on both palettes with a diamond.
7. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – Another of my holy grail products! This mascara lengthens and adds volume to my lashes which I love. The lashes look beautiful and fluttery and compliments the eyeshadow shades well.
8. Rimmel 107 – This is one of my favourite lip colours and I instantly knew it would be perfect for this look! The berry shade looks stunning with smokey eyes.
The Finished Look:
(I know the whiskers aren’t straight and nose shape isn’t perfect but I still had fun creating this look!)
Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? What do you think of my cat makeup?