September is the first month into my library job and work wise I’ve been less stressed and happier. Health wise I have been sick all month. I have always had trouble with my nose and my sinuses have been giving me grief. I got antibiotics but after I finished them the problem came back so I tried a sinus rinse which has been helping a lot. As a result of being sick I have felt lethargic and haven’t felt like doing much. Fingers crossed I’m better soon!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Shane Filan – Love Always – I have mentioned Shane Filan a number of times on the blog. He has one of the best voices and is one of my favourites to listen to. He released his third studio album, Love Always, in August and I have had it on repeat the past couple of weeks. My signed copy arrived a fortnight ago and the album is better than I thought it would be. The majority of songs are covers of famous love songs and I was in two minds about buying the album originally as I’m not the biggest fan of cover albums but Shane puts his own spin on each track and the album is cohesive. Standout Tracks: Don’t Dream It’s Over, Beautiful In White, Completely, Unbreakable and I Can’t Make You Love Me.
2. Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Butter – Being sick my lips have been cracked and dry and this has been my saviour! I bought this lip butter last year and it is perfect when my lips need extra care. It smells like chocolate and smells very similar to my Cocoa Butter body butter from The Body Shop. The little pot is the cutest!
3. Navy Blue Fluffy Jumper – This is my favourite cosy jumper and I seem to have worn it a lot this month. The jumper is very warm and I love the colour, it goes so well with my hair. I wear this jumper casually and to work and it always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I do.
4. Revlon – Beginner’s Luck – I had a makeup declutter and almost gave this nail polish away. I had a pile of shades I wasn’t sure about and swatched them on paper. I wasn’t convinced enough to give this shade away and couldn’t wait to try it on again. I am glad I kept it. It is a subtle, shimmery shade that is great for everyday and the formula is dreamy.
5. Reading – At the start of the month I mentioned I would be starting a new blogging series: What I’ve Been Reading. Working at the library it only seems appropriate I make an active effort to read more and I’m slowly working through a small pile of books. I have been pretty busy this month and haven’t had much time to read but I have been enjoying the moments I have been able to. I love getting lost in a good story. Sadly, I haven’t been hitting my one book a week quota so far.
September’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in September?