As you may have read in my Life Lately #2 post August has brought about some changes. I left my job and started a new one a couple of days later so most of the month has been preparing for and leading up to that. August has gone very fast and been a bit emotional. I am looking forward to getting stuck in to my new job and getting into a new routine though.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Black Chenille Cardigan – I mentioned this cardigan in my Boohoo & Glassons Haul but wasn’t able to show it to you in black. I could only find an image of the blue online but the black cardigan acts as the backdrop for this month’s photo. Chenille is beautiful material and the cardigan looks lovely on. I intend to wear this a lot over the next couple of months before summer kicks in!
2. My Filoax/Stationery – Fun fact, Filofaxes and planners are what inspired me to start my blog! I have had my Hot Pink Domino in personal size for three years now and I still use it all the time. I have weekly and monthly layouts and normally plan at the beginning of each week, appointments, paydays etc. I find it useful to record my hours of work each day and on the monthly pages I record my blog views each week. I incorporated stationery into this favourite as I have been enjoying decorating my pages lately (I always used to) and personalising them with stickers and washi tape. I have a lot of washi tape!
3. Nescafé Vanilla Latte – I’m not usually a coffee girl but on a whim I decided to get a box of vanilla latte sachets from the supermarket. I tried and adored the Tahitian Vanilla Latte from Starbucks when it was out and I was reminded of that when I tasted these sachets from Nescafé. The aroma and taste isn’t as strong as other types of coffee and the coffee is nice and fluffy and smooth. I will repurchase these for sure.
4. Canon 700D DSLR – I purchased the Canon 700D in July and I have been using it for blog photographs as well as test shots and personal images. I started on Auto Mode and through watching tutorials and reading articles online I quickly switched to Manual Mode. I have a better understanding of what the numbers for aperture, shutter speed and ISO mean now. Manual Mode does make a difference, if something’s not right it might only be one setting that needs changing and experimentation helps you learn and develop your style of photography. I really want to go on a day trip or outing with my camera and get some beautiful nature/scenery shots, that’s the next step.
5. The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter – This was a Christmas present from my boyfriend last year and I began using it in February. I was convinced I had mentioned this body butter in a favourites post already but checked back and saw I hadn’t. The texture of this body butter is soft but firm and is very moisturising on the skin. It has a lovely chocolate/cocoa scent which is quite natural, not artificial or overly sweet. I imagine it would work for males and females. The Body Shop has discontinued the Cocoa Butter range but if they bring it back I would repurchase the body butter in a heartbeat. I highly recommend it!
August’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in August?