Every week I spend a few nights with my boyfriend and I have an overnight bag full of girly essentials. I leave the products in the bag so I’m not unpacking all the time and forget something when I re-pack.
I purchased the bag from Forever New in August 2016 and it is the perfect size to house all the products. The base is flat which allows products to stand up if I need them to and I love the shiny, silver material on the outside.
Onto the contents:
- Medication (not pictured): I take certain medications in the morning and vitamins in the evening. I unpack these each time as they need to be replenished frequently.
- Toiletries: I keep a toothbrush and OGX shampoo and conditioner minis at my boyfriends. I take my trusty Nivea ‘no white marks’ deodorant as this lasts well throughout the day and I don’t tire of the scent.
- Moisturisers: Even when I’m at home I have a day moisturiser and a night moisturiser. I have travel size moisturisers by Simple (Radiance Brightening Moisturiser) and MAC (Studio Moisture Cream). Small sizes are convenient and last surprisingly long when they are only used a couple of times a week. I keep a 50ml tub of The Body Shop’s Shea body butter with me to pop on after showering as well as a tube of hand cream also from The Body Shop. Currently it’s Almond Milk & Honey.
- Beauty/makeup: A black elastic headband ensures my hair doesn’t kink and keeps my fringe out of my eyes when I wash my face/moisturise. I am trying to use up the last of my Pearly Shine lip balm from Nivea which featured in 2016’s Project Pan! I normally wear this during the day and no other makeup. On the rare occasion I do take makeup I keep it simple: concealer, mascara, a single eyeshadow and a lip product.
- Haircare: I wear my hair down most days but I opt for my black velvet scrunchie (not pictured) if I want to tie it up. I have a Tangle Teezer in Candy Cane for my hair. The Tangle Teezer is compact but takes practice if you’re trying to tie up hair, it’s not as effective as a hairbrush when styling a ponytail.
- Fragrance: I always spritz body spray over myself and my clothes before applying my main perfume. My latest favourite is Impulse Tease (not pictured) which combines red fruits and woods. I tend to switch between two perfumes – my Viva la Juicy atomiser or The Body Shop’s Strawberry EDT which I have been reaching for more lately over Viva la Juicy. The bottle is small and compact and fits perfectly in my overnight bag as well as my handbag.
What would you include in your overnight bag?