This month my favourites are VERY beauty based. I have been enjoying coming up with different makeup looks again for the first time in a while and I think that’s because I have had new products to sink my teeth into. I have been reaching for these products frequently over the past four weeks.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Bold Lipstick – Luscious Raspberry (sample) – I was given this at work (I’m known as the lipstick girl) and it is absolutely gorgeous! Creamy, high impact colour combines the coverage and intensity of a lipstick with the finish of a gloss. This sample has a doe foot applicator which I imagine would be better than the push lever/click pen of the full sized version. The colour lasts all day and doesn’t feel sticky for a gloss finish. I love the colour but I am undecided if I would purchase the full version because of the applicator.
2. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream – I have been forgetting to mention this face cream. I made a mental note to include it in a favourites post and this month I finally remembered! This face cream has such a lovely texture, it’s lightweight but soaks into the skin quickly and keeps it hydrated. It doesn’t irritate dry patches and a little goes a long way. I started using the Kiehl’s as my night moisturiser when I finished The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Night Cream and this blows The Body Shop cream out of the water! I highly recommend trying this whatever skin type you have. Sometimes I even use this during the day and it works just as well.
3. Essie – Bahama Mama – I bought this nail polish back in January and it is the perfect winter Berry shade. The name is also super cute! Bahama Mama is described as a warm, rich, deep plum which is spot on. This polish is typical Essie quality – good – and is opaque in two coats.
4. MAC Show Orchid – I made my first trip to the MAC counter in nearly a year at the beginning of July (albeit unexpected). The best part about this lipstick is I didn’t have to pay a cent for it. I had gift cards to use and my boyfriend treated me and paid the rest. Show Orchid is a “very hot pink” with an amplified finish meaning the lipstick is highly pigmented and won’t dry out the lips. Show Orchid has a slight shimmer to it which only adds to the beauty. This is such a Chanelle colour and will be worn a lot!
5. Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded – This mascara was purchased back in April and over the past month or so I have been using it regularly. The formula has dried out a bit and gives a nicer effect than the wet formula when I first started using it. This is such a good everyday mascara if you want defined natural lashes with a bit of volume. I did purchase the washable version but compared to other Rimmel mascaras I’ve tried this takes a little longer to remove. There’s no harsh scrubbing required though, which is a plus.
July’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in July?