One of my resolutions for 2017 is to cut down on social media. I’m not someone who uses every type of social media (and there’s nothing wrong if you do) but I have my preferences and want to use the ones I enjoy more wisely. It seems like the right time to organise and tidy up my online presence. Social media and blogging go hand in hand and it’s only right I update you with where you’ll be able to find me from now on.
After much deliberation I have decided to delete the Chanelle Hayley Facebook page. The page has always been the least popular of my social media. I don’t use the page apart from sharing blog post links and some photos from Instagram. The blog post links will still be shared on Twitter and if you follow me on Instagram you see my pictures anyway.
I’m not deleting Pinterest but I will be removing my blog link from my profile and will no longer have a board for my blog posts. I don’t visit Pinterest very often and would rather keep it for inspiration, creative purposes and personal use. You’ll still be able to see my other boards and any new pins.
I had @ChanelleTheSats as my username for over 5 years. Needless to say I was very attached but I felt like it was time for a change and I wanted to make it similar to my blog and Instagram names. My username is now @chanellehayley_ so feel free to pop over and tweet hello!
My Instagram account isn’t undergoing any major changes. I don’t have any Insta rules as such, I post when I like and what I like and I don’t have a theme. I am trying to reach 300 followers by the end of 2017 and I’m almost there. If you don’t follow me yet, you can do so HERE. Leave your username in the comments and I’ll follow you back.
5. Last but not least, YouTube?
For the past year I have been contemplating starting a YouTube channel. At the moment it’s not something on my immediate to do list but I have pros and cons that I wanted to share and hear your thoughts on.
- Some things are easier to show on camera than describe with words, e.g makeup.
- I get to try something new and learn new skills.
- I enjoy watching YouTube videos and seeing other blog friends branch out into video.
- I’m RIDICULOUSLY camera shy. It took me years to be comfortable with selfies.
- I don’t have a DSLR or any equipment to film with.
- Some weeks I find it hard to find time for the blog so I wouldn’t want the channel to go downhill. I’m the type of person who likes to do things to a high standard and I aim for perfection. If I’m going to commit to it I want to be able to keep it up.
Are we connected on social media? What social media do you use and do you have a favourite?
P.S. Have you taken my blog survey yet? *CLICK HERE* to do so.