June feels like the first month in a while where I’ve got a decent amount of favourites to discuss. June has been pretty busy but I’ve been using a few new things and getting back into makeup/beauty a bit more. This month there’s a real mix!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. ASOS Fluffy Jumper – I made an ASOS order in May and this was one of the items I ordered. I am in love with jumpers and cosy clothes at the moment and the fact this one is fluffy makes it even cosier. It’s a lovely light grey colour so it goes with practically anything. There is cut out, split detailing on the arms and I have included an image from the ASOS website to show the detail close up.
ASOS Fluffy Jumper
2. Impulse – Tease – If you’ve read my blog for a while and seen my empties posts you’ll know that Into Glamour is my favourite Impulse scent. I decided to try a new one and opted for Tease. It isn’t sweet and vanilla which I normally go for, it has elements of red fruit and wood and is flirty and alluring.
3. FitBit Zip – I picked up my little magenta Zip last month for an absolute bargain at $29.00. I clip it to my cardigan pocket at work, it’s so discreet and I can’t even feel it. I have also been proud that most days I reach around 8,000 – 10,000 steps. It’s nice to be able to see what that equates to in kilometres and how many calories you burn too. I’ve downloaded the app on my iPad where you can even set yourself goals and challenges.
4. Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Berry In Love – I feel like a staple line for the past few months in my favourites posts has been “this is an item I won in Stashy’s huge two year giveaway” and this is another of those items. I love the concept of these, you shake the tube to mix the colour before applying it to your lips. This doesn’t last all day on me at work but I like it for running errands in town or just for throwing something on. Berry In Love is a very me shade and makes a lovely shade for everyday wear. The texture is nice too, it starts out a bit wet but soaks into the lips and dries down. It doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything.
5. Scrunchie – I purchased this black velvet scrunchie a couple of weeks ago and it has already had a lot of use. Even though I got my hair cut shorter recently I can still tie it up and because my hair is thick I normally need two hair ties to hold it. I’ve found the scrunchie wrapped around my ponytail three times holds it in place and feels lighter on my head.
6. Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Pink Opal – I have had this eyeshadow for the past 18 months and it’s only recently I’ve started to use it more often. I rave about the shade Copper from this range all the time and I was a little disappointed when I purchased Pink Opal and it didn’t impress me the same. It seems much drier in the pot, less creamy and harder to apply. I have been using my Real Techniques Shading Brush and patting it over a similar colour powder shadow and that seems to work well. It takes a little while to build up but looks lovely in the end.
7. Deadpool – When I first saw the trailer for Deadpool I thought it looked hilarious. I finally got to watch it this month and it is one of my favourite movies I’ve watched in a while. Ryan Reynolds plays the part so well and the humour is witty and funny but not in a silly way like some films. I’m very much looking forward to the sequel!
June’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in June?