Hi everyone! Like January, February has been eventful. I had intended to get back into a more regular blogging routine and write more beauty posts but that hasn’t been the case. I have started planning for March and hope things get back to ‘normal’ soon.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Glassons Cheeky Denim Shorts – Over the past year or so I have gotten into fashion a lot more and have really enjoyed adding pieces that were missing to my wardrobe. I purchased this pair of shorts in January and I have been wearing them ever since. The name implies a slightly shorter, cheeky fit but this style is flattering and doesn’t show off too much skin. I chose an ice blue colour and the fact they’re denim means they will wear well and last. I’m a bit cheeky too so these are appropriate!
2. Max Factor CC Cream – I purchased this CC Cream from eBay in November 2016 but didn’t start using it until this year. I bought the shade 40 Fair which is a perfect match for my skin tone. I think this product has been discontinued but I picked this up for $11 (NZD) including postage! A shop in New Zealand was selling it for triple the price. I do really like this for an everyday base, it feels light and doesn’t clog up my skin. I have a few red areas and I find the colour correcting element works well.
3. MAC – Matte Royal – I mentioned Matte Royal briefly in My 22nd Birthday! post. This lipstick was a present from my brother in January and each time I wear it I come to like it a little more. When I first tried the lipstick on it was evening and the lighting wasn’t the best, I was a little unsure. A couple of days later I swatched it and tried it on again in daylight and was more confident with my choice. I love bold lipstick and I’m not afraid to wear it! I messaged my boyfriend a picture of me wearing the lipstick on Facebook and he gave it the thumbs up too!
4. MAC – Brave – I won this in Stashy’s giveaway (post coming on Wednesday) and it’s a lipstick that has been on my MAC wishlist. Upon receiving this lipstick I knew it was love at first sight! Brave has a Satin finish which is incredibly comfortable to wear. I hadn’t tried one of MAC’s satin lipsticks before but I will look into them in future. When I first wore the shade I thought of it as a slightly darker, more pigmented version of Syrup which is my favourite MAC lipstick. I can see why Brave is liked by so many people.
5. Una Healy – The Waiting Game* – Una is perhaps best known as being one fifth of girlband The Saturdays. They are one of my favourite bands and I wholeheartedly support the girls together and apart. Una is the first member of the band to release an album and her debut sees her return to her country, folk, singer-songwriter roots. The album gets better with each listen and Una’s voice sounds absolutely beautiful. Standout Tracks: Battlelines, The Waiting Game, Staring At the Moon, Alarm Bells and Craving You.
*My copy of The Waiting Game didn’t arrive before this post was published hence why it wasn’t included in the picture.
February’s Spotify Playlist:
February is the month of luuurve! All of these tracks relate to love in some way.
What were your favourite things in February?