Happy Monday and welcome to week four of Project Pan! Project Pan follows Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude, Curly Spring Blossom and I as we pick 12 products to try and hit pan on/empty over 12 weeks (11 in my case).
This week’s product is the Curious – In Control perfume by Britney Spears.
I received this perfume as a gift for my birthday in 2010. Six years later and there’s still perfume left! When I first got this perfume I would wear it all the time but as I began to purchase others this one took a bit of a back seat. I’m not sure why because this perfume has such a nice fragrance and makes a lovely everyday perfume.
Earlier bottles of In Control (like mine) included the more old fashioned atomiser and charms to decorate the bottle. Later bottles didn’t include the charms and featured a standard metal atomiser.
On the name, Spears said: “As I get older, the names go with my age. It’s more demanding, it’s more sensual, it’s black, it’s about being in control. That’s cool and inspirational … girls need that.”
Sadly, I think this fragrance has now been discontinued.
From the website:
The new limited edition of Curious is sweet and sexy, romantically pink and dangerously black. The composition is a sensual mixture of vanilla and musky notes, crème brûlée and night orchid. It opens with juicy notes of loquat fruit. The heart harmonizes midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean and tonka crystals. The base notes are sugared sandalwood and musk.
- Suitable scent for everyday wear
- Striking black and pink packaging
- The old fashioned atomiser adds a luxurious feel
- Not suitable for travelling due to the bulkiness of the bottle
- The scent doesn’t last as long as some of my other perfumes
Chanelle’s rating: 9/10 – I don’t travel a lot so the fact this perfume is bulkier than some of my others doesn’t bother me. While the scent doesn’t last all day, I still get a decent amount of time out of it and in all the years I’ve owned this perfume the scent hasn’t changed. I like the mix of vanilla and musk and when it comes to perfume, I’m drawn to vanilla scents.
The Remaining products – Progress
- Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – Used 1x. This week has either been a full face of makeup day or no makeup at all.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Hand Cream – Used 3x. A small patch of skin on my right hand has been super dry and irritated so I haven’t used the hand cream as much as I normally would. I have been using a moisturisng cream instead to help it heal.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – Used 3x.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 2x. I don’t use this product as regularly as I did when I first purchased it. It seems to have fallen by the wayside.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 1x.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – Used 1x.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 6x.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – Used 2x.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – Used daily.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Used 1x.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners: