Happy Monday and welcome to the third of my reviews as part of Project Pan! Project Pan follows Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude, Curly Spring Blossom and I as we pick 12 products to try and hit pan on/empty over 12 weeks (11 in my case).
This week’s product is Max Factor’s Lasting Performance Foundation in the shade ‘101 Ivory Beige’.
Ivory Beige is the second to lightest shade in the range after ‘100 Fair.’ I purchased Ivory Beige because Fair wasn’t available. I purchased this foundation at the beginning of the year in January and I have made a decent dent in it throughout the year. If I’m traveling or want more coverage and flawless skin this is the foundation I’ll turn to.
Lasting Performance is an accurate name for this foundation. It lasts well throughout the day and doesn’t break down from oil or wear off. This foundation doesn’t really have a scent and it’s very easy to blend into the skin. The best ways to apply this foundation are with a brush or your fingers. I have tried applying it with a sponge and while it works, the foundation is quite thick and stains the sponge easily.
From the Website:
Coverage that won’t smudge with Lasting Performance Foundation.
- Long-lasting formula guaranteed for eight hours.
- Fragrance free and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Touch proof system won’t run or rub off on clothes.
- Non-comedogenic – so it won’t clog pores.
- Makes my skin look flawless
- A good matte foundation without being too matte or drying
- Travel friendly
- Hard to see how much product is left
- Quite easy to apply too much but that’s down to me being pale
Chanelle’s rating: 8/10 – I took a couple of points off for not always being the best colour for my skin and the fact this isn’t my go to foundation for everyday. I have no problems with the formula or how it looks and feels on my skin but if I do see this available in ‘100 Fair’ I will pick it up because the lighter colour would make a difference.
The Remaining products – Progress
- Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – I didn’t use this at all this week. I wore a full face of makeup everyday but this wasn’t on my lips any of the days.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Hand Cream – Used 5x.
- Britney Spears Curious – In Control – Used 2x. This is one item I am close to finishing.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 1x.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 2x.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – I didn’t use this on Sunday night when I was away. I didn’t pack it because I didn’t want it to leak.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 7x. Very rarely is there a week I wear makeup everyday.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – Used 1x.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – Used 6x.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Unfortunately another item I didn’t use. I painted my nails on Thursday after removing the week before’s polish last Sunday.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners: