Happy Monday and welcome to the second of my reviews as part of Project Pan! Project Pan follows Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude, Curly Spring Blossom and I as we pick 12 products to try and hit pan on/empty over 12 weeks (11 in my case).
This week’s product is a hand cream from The Body Shop. The Body Shop has become one of my favourite places to shop over the past two years and a good hand cream is one of my staple products. This is the third tube of hand cream I have tried from The Body Shop – my first Wild Argan Oil.
I received this particular hand cream as part of a trio at Christmas time and I began using it about a month and a half ago. 30ml hand creams from The Body Shop usually last me a couple of months with daily use so the cost works out to around $4 (NZD) a month which isn’t too bad. The Body Shop hand creams don’t irritate my skin and there is a good balance between quality and scent. The scents aren’t overpowering and the product works well and keeps my hands moisturised which is the most important thing.
Hand cream is one of those products I always try to incorporate into my daily beauty routine. Having soft, nourished hands is a nice feeling especially when you’re at work and people are looking at your hands and taking notice of them. Hand cream helps keep the skin supple and helps prevent little bits of dry skin around your nails and cuticles.
From the website:
Indulge your hands with this rich hand cream, enriched with organic Community Trade argan oil from Morocco to help soften and protect hands and cuticles.
• Non-greasy moisture
• Leaves hands feeling soft and smooth
• Absorbs instantly
- A little goes a long way
- Good size to pop in your handbag
- Durable packaging that is also eye-catching
- Moisturising and non-greasy
- The scent. I like it now but when I first started using this hand cream it reminded me of medicine.
Chanelle’s rating: 8.5/10 – this hand cream is good but I don’t think it’s the best one I have ever tried or my most favourite that I’ve used. I would probably buy this again in future though.
The Remaining products – Progress
- Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – Used 1x.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – Used only once again this week.
- Britney Spears Curious – In Control – Used 2x.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 1x. I’m so used to doing nothing to my hair and wearing it naturally.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 1x.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – Used 1x. This had it’s weekly outing on Sunday.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 5x, again everytime I wore makeup this week. This is the only concealer I have so I don’t have much choice! (I do love it though).
- Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – I went from not using this at all last week to wearing it twice this week.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – Used 5x.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Used 1x to prepare for my new weekly manicure.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners: