I have been nominated for two separate blogging awards over the past week and I don’t like to leave it too long after being nominated before I post about them. I am always grateful to be nominated and I always enjoy reading these posts and answering the questions so I hope you do too!
First off, the lovely Dannii (A Beautiful Thing) tagged me to do the ‘Entertainer Blogger Award.’ I hadn’t heard of this one before and some of the questions are different from other tags which makes it all the more interesting.
- Answer the questions you’ve been given.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring and most importantly entertaining!
- Write up the rules for your nominees.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
1. What do you hope to gain from blogging?
Blogging started out as a way to keep my mind occupied while I was looking for a job. I wanted something I could focus on and use some creative energy at the same time. I have gained so much from blogging by way of confidence and friendship. I used to be terrified to share images of myself but now I am comfortable with it. The people I’m able to interact with make everything worthwhile, everyone is so friendly. I don’t think there is anything more I want to gain from blogging, as long as I continue to enjoy it.
2. What genre of film entertains you the most?
I think it depends what the actual film itself is about. I quite like scary movies but then I also like classic love stories e.g. Titanic.
3. Do you consider yourself a writer, and what inspires you to write?
Not in the sense that I write novels. Having this blog makes me a writer but I’ve always seen that as a skill. Being able to write well and edit has always been one of my strengths. Writing is not something I do as a hobby and I don’t intend to become an author but I do like to write. I’m inspired by feelings and things that make me happy. If something’s hard to write about, chances are it’s not enjoyable.
4. Why did you choose your particular WordPress username?
My WordPress name is simply my first and middle names.
5. What is your favourite book and why does it speak to you?
There’s not one book I re-read all the time but one that has stuck with me is P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. The storyline is so sweet and it’s written in such a beautiful way. Personally, I don’t think the film does the book justice and I’d advise reading the book first!
6. What is your favourite song and why does it speak to you?
There are so many songs I class as my favourites. I can’t list just one so you’re getting three:
- Shania Twain – From This Moment On (I want this to be the first dance at my wedding).
- Steps – Better the Devil You Know (This gives me happy childhood memories).
- Kylie Minogue – Spinning Around (Reason as above).
7. What is your favourite photograph and why does it speak to you?
There’s a photograph of me as a child which was taken when I was four years old. It was photo day at kindergarten and I wore my hair in plaits (with mismatching ribbons) and I wore a lemon yellow dress with butterflies all over it. I always smile when I think about that photo and it makes me think how much has happened since it was taken (in a good way). I’ve always been known as the little girl with long, red hair.
Now onto ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ which Gwawr (Little Girl From Wales) tagged me to do!
- Kindly thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on a blog post
- Divulge 7 random facts about yourself
- Finally, tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated!
7 Facts About Me
- Little things make me smile.
- I take medication for Asthma everyday.
- I’d much rather be cold than hot.
- Three is my favourite number.
- One thing I’d love to learn more about is photography.
- I prefer Alfie to Zoella.
- Once I’m up and awake for the day I find it very hard to fall asleep again.
I’m going to nominate 10 bloggers and if you choose to accept, select which award you’d like to do (maybe even both!)
- Bronagh Loves
- Alice Rambles
- Me, Myself and Everything Else (Kaitlyn)
- Mrs Strawberry Blonde
- Lifestyle Bites 3
- Helpless Whilst Drying
- The Rose Quartz
- The Rose Beauty Files
- Ladies and Lace
- Faded Rouge
Thanks again to Dannii and Gwawr for their nominations!