Welcome to the first post of this Project Pan Collaboration! If you aren’t aware what Project Pan is about, CLICK HERE to find out. My fellow collaborators, Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude and Curly Spring Blossom, started last week so make sure you check out their posts if you haven’t already! One of the reasons I wanted to start a week later, apart from not being ready, was so I could see how their posts are written and get inspiration for mine. (Sneaky I know!)
My first product is the Pearly Shine lip balm by Nivea. This is the only product from Nivea I have tried to date but doing this post has made me think I need to take more notice of Nivea and their products in future.
I selected Nivea’s Pearly Shine lip balm because I have always been super impressed with it and I haven’t shown it as much love recently as I used to. I have had this lip balm since 2013 and despite it’s age, it stills works as well now as it did when I first got it.
Pearly Shine describes this lip balm perfectly, it isn’t a sheer balm and makes the lips look nice and hydrated, not over the top shiny at all. I love wearing Pearly Shine if I’m having a no makeup day or want a subtle hint of pink. The formula is lovely and moisturising and lasts a good few hours on my lips.
From the website:
Do you want soft lips with a natural pearly shimmer? NIVEA Pearly Shine Lip Balm:
- Beautifies your lips with a pearly shimmer leaving them irresistibly silky smooth
- Provides intensive moisture to your lips, leaving them irresistibly soft
- Includes Hydra IQ for deep moisturisation
How it works
With a kiss of rose and a pearly shimmer, NIVEA Lip Care Pearly Shine enhances the beauty of your lips. This new formula with precious pearl and silk extracts stores long lasting moisture while natural oils soften and condition your lips.
A creamy treat that makes your lips velvety soft and silky smooth for longer.
- Nourishing formula makes lips softer
- Subtle pink sheen
- Long lasting
- Lovely scent
- Contains SPF 10
None. Nada. Zilch.
Chanelle’s rating: 10/10 – if a product has no cons you can’t really give it anything other than a perfect score!
The Remaining products – Progress
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Hand Cream – Used 5x. Normally I apply hand cream every night before bed but hey, sometimes I forget.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – Used only once unfortunately. I will make up for this in a couple of weeks as I’ll be traveling and taking this with me.
- Britney Spears Curious – In Control – Used 2x.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 2x.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 1x. I’m sure once spring starts warming up I will reach for this more often.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – Used 1x. I do a face mask every Sunday so that’s the only time I tend to use this.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 5x, every day I wore makeup.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – I was naughty and didn’t use this at all 😦
- The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – Used 5x. I also apply this before I go to bed.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Used 1x. I tend to only do my nails once a week.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners: