Happy Wednesday, it’s the middle of another week already! I was in two minds about whether I should (is should the right word?) share this post or not but I’ve decided to. I’ve always been open about the fact that I haven’t been in a relationship before or had a lot to do with the opposite sex but a few weeks ago I went out to dinner on a date. To cut a long story short, I never heard from the guy after that. Despite this, I really enjoyed putting this look together and I wanted to share what I wore in case you’re in a similar situation or just need some inspiration.
I knew it might get a bit chilly so I wanted to make sure I was warm whilst still looking nice. I went for a casual/semi-formal look and I rolled up the sleeves of this pullover to make things a bit more cute and playful. The colour broke up the black of the rest of the outfit.
2. Cotton On 3/4 Sleeve Boat Neck
Underneath the pullover I opted for a simple black 3/4 sleeve top. These sorts of tops are so versatile and perfect for layering.
3. Dannii For Target Coated Leggings
I absolutely love these leggings for their comfort and the way they look! These are more glam than your usual pair of plain black leggings and the coated animal print also adds a bit of personality and playfulness.
4. Forever New Scarlett Quilted Bag
I picked up this bag when I was in Auckland with dates and evenings out in mind. It is the perfect size and can hold a decent amount. For example, on my date I had my phone, keys, cards, ID, various other bits and there was still room to spare.
5. Diana Ferrari Onix Suede Boots
It was a chilly evening and I’m glad I opted for boots. These look so cute with the leggings tucked in and I do love the sound of the slight heel against the pavement as I walk.
1. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer
2. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel
3. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain
4. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair
5. Maybelline ‘The Nudes’ – (Shades 3 and 7)*
6. Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Copper
7. Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara – (Two coats of the volume mascara)
8. Goddess of Love Highlighter
9. MAC Syrup – (I wanted to make an impact but not go over the top with a bold lip)
*Both shades were applied all over the lid before going in with Max Factor’s Excess Shimmer in Copper for added sparkle!
The Finished Look
Let me know what you think of the look I created, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Do you have an outfit or makeup look reserved specifically for date nights?