Howdy everyone! Month number eight done and dusted! August has flown by super fast and I’ve been crazy busy (but a good busy) with travel, loads of new experiences and starting a new job. I’ve still found the time to round up my favourite things from August and I hope you enjoy!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Alan Carr – Yap, Yap, Yap! – The whole reason I went up to stay with my brother in the first place was to see Alan Carr live. I have loved and watched Chatty Man for years (though I don’t think it’s as good as it used to be) and I’m so glad I got to see him in person. He was very funny and even though I was in Row R, I still had a great view of him and the stage. There was lots of audience interaction and he was so appreciative that everyone had come to see him. I would definitely go to see him again!
2. Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara – I purchased this mascara back in March but I didn’t start wearing it until July. I’ve been using it for almost two months now and for $10, it’s pretty good! Rimmel mascaras are my favourite anyway because the wands have proper bristles instead of plastic, silicone ones. I like the packaging of this mascara, it’s sleek and the bright pink means it won’t get lost in your makeup bag. For daytime, I’ve really been enjoying wearing two coats of just the length mascara, the wand is quite small but it’s perfect for getting into the bottom lashes. If I want volume as well, I will use both formulas but sometimes the lashes can stick together if I haven’t let them dry long enough between coats. To combat this I go in with the volume first because it is a thicker formula. I still prefer Scandaleyes Lycra Flex over this but it is a decent mascara and I wouldn’t rule out buying it again.
3. Iconic 2 Eyeshadow Palette – I ordered this palette in May as part of my Feel Unique & Makeup Revolution Haul and it took me almost two months to start using it, terrible I know! I got it around the time I lost my job at the pharmacy and I wasn’t wearing a lot of makeup for about a month so it sat there for a little while. When I did delve into this palette and start using it I was super impressed! This palette is predominantly shimmers which I like because I don’t have many of them already and I do like a sparkly eye! The pigmentation is really nice, fallout is minimal and the colours are gorgeous. If you’re undecided about getting the Naked 2 palette, give this dupe a go because I’m sure you will love it!
4. Derma V10 Strawberry Body Sorbet – This is another product I purchased back in March which I have been using since finishing up The Body Shop’s Brazil Nut body butter. The packaging reminds me of a yoghurt pot which is so cute and this smells absolutely divine! It’s a sweet strawberry but it’s not too sweet or overpowering, it’s subtle and blends into the skin nicely. The formula of this product is not what you’d expect, it’s light and almost feels whipped like a mousse. Application is easy, a little bit goes a long way and this doesn’t leave you feeling greasy or sticky while you’re waiting for it to soak in. A very well spent $3 in my opinion!
5. Dannii For Target Coated Leggings – Earlier this month I shared a clothing haul and these leggings were one of the items featured. The very first time I tried them on they felt incredibly comfortable, almost like a second skin. The length is perfect and the coated texture gives them wow factor and sets them apart from normal leggings. I have worn these a couple of times now and I’m a huge fan! They can be worn casually with a t-shirt and jumper or more dressed up if you’re going out. I’ve christened these my rock chick pants!
6. Revlon Lip Butter – Sweet Tart – I was meant to be being good and not buy lip products for a while but I just couldn’t resist! I spotted this lip butter and had to take it home with me. Sweet Tart is such an adorable and appropriate name for this Barbie pink shade. Barbie pink may sound scary but it’s really not. Sweet Tart is bright without being in your face and adds a pretty warmth to the lips. It has reignited my love for the lip butters and made me want three more… Oops!
August’s Spotify Playlist:
This month celebrates one year since I started making these playlists and posting them alongside my favourites. This playlist features some of my favourite artists of new and old.