Happy Friday lovelies! This is the last blog post before I fly up to visit my brother on Sunday and I thought I would share a makeup menu. I haven’t done one of these in a while, I think my last one was around Valentine’s Day, and the inspiration for this look comes from a lipstick that featured in my Shop My Stash: Berry & Purple Lipsticks post. Canadian blogger Stash Matters and I were talking in the comments and I told her that I would use Sparkle Baby (the name of the lipstick) in a makeup menu. Voilà!
Purple is one of my favourite colours to wear in general and a lot of people tell me it suits me. I don’t have a lot of purple makeup but I wanted to create a look using different purple toned beauty products. I love how this look turned out and I didn’t feel it was too dark or too much. I wore this makeup last Tuesday with a black outfit.
Products listed in order of application:
1. Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser – Recently I have taken to applying moisturiser in the mornings straight after I wash my face to keep as much moisture in my skin as possible. This was applied a couple of hours before the rest of my makeup.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – The smallest amount of this primer goes a long way and I only use a tiny strip for my whole face. I like to wait for five or so minutes for this to sink in properly before continuing on with my face.
3. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – While I’m waiting for the primer to sink in, I fill in my brows. This pencil looks natural and is so easy to use. I’m lucky to be blessed with quite thick brows so I don’t need to do a lot to them. This pencil makes sure everything looks uniform and makes them look that bit neater.
4. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain – With this look I wanted a nice, natural, glowy base and this is my favourite foundation to achieve that. This foundation never applies harshly or makes me look orange which is what I look for in a foundation. I like traceless coverage and something that blends in easily with my skin tone.
5. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair – I totally understand the hype behind this baby! I have been using it for a couple of months now and this blows Maybelline’s Fit Me concealer, which I raved about last year, out of the water. The coverage and the way this feels on my skin is a winner. I highly urge you to give this a go if you can!
6. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I mentioned I wanted a natural, glowy base but my skin needed a tiny bit of brightening up so I dusted some bronzer onto my cheeks and across my forehead.
7. I ♡ Makeup Goddess of Love Highlighter – This is the only highlighter I own and I really don’t think I need any others. This highlighter is so versatile and pretty much goes with any look. The highlighter is a cross between a shimmery pink-purple/silver but it is very natural looking and gives a lovely glow. This can be applied with your fingers but my favourite way to apply it is with my Real Techniques Setting Brush.
1. Revlon Diamond Lust 105 Plum Galaxy – I purchased this eyeshadow a few months back and while it’s not the greatest on it’s own, I do like to use it to create a purple, smoky base to apply lighter shades and other purples on top of it. Pigmentation is best when the eyeshadow is applied with a finger as the glitter is a bit chunky and the finger distributes it more evenly than a brush. I only paid a couple of dollars for this eyeshadow so it’s not a big deal and I have come up with a way to use it which looks really nice so I can’t complain.
2. Max Factor Excess Shimmer in 15 Pink Opal – The name of this may be deceiving but it definitely comes out more purple than pink, lilac is more accurate. I’ve professed my love numerous times for the Copper one of these and while I don’t get as much use out of Pink Opal, it does look lovely layered over the top of Plum Galaxy. On it’s own Pink Opal is a little patchy and doesn’t show up as well as it does layered over other shadows.
3. Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara – I have been using this mascara for about a month now and I really like it. It can be used it a few different ways: just volume, just length or both together. The length wand is nice and small which makes getting into the lower lashes a breeze. The mascara formula is still quite wet but it’s not messy and doesn’t end up all over my eyelids. I haven’t been able to try applying this in the day and then reapplying it later in the evening but hopefully I will get the chance to next week and I’ll let you know how I get on.
1. BYS Sparkle Baby – This is what inspired the whole post! I’ll admit I probably don’t wear this lipstick enough but it is so beautiful and creamy and has such a lovely formula. The shine from this lipstick doesn’t look unnatural or feel uncomfortable on the lips and the effect it gives is subtle but beautiful. This colour might seem intimidating but as you know I love my bold lipsticks and my philosophy is, just rock it!
Let me know if you enjoyed this post and if you would like me to do more makeup menus and MOTD posts!