Hey everyone! This month has zoomed past and I feel like April has been a bit of a blur. Personally, there’s been some huge changes at work but everything seems to be settling down and getting back to normal. I’ve also changed up my exercise routine, I’m now cycling three days a week instead of five and doing yoga the other two. I feel it’s important to give a little lifestyle update at the end of each month along with my favourites as it gives you an insight to what’s been going on personally as well.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel – I picked up this Rimmel eyebrow pencil in March and I have been using it to fill in my brows for the past month and I love it! I’m lucky that my brows are naturally quite thick and dark and I don’t need to do a lot to them. The hazel colour is lighter than your usual brown and has a slight red tone to it which ties in well with my hair. One thing I’m not a fan of is eyebrows looking thick and unnatural and this pencil enhances my brows without doing that. If you’re new to filling in brows, give this a product go! It’s so easy to use and doesn’t wear off during the day.
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – 077 Asia – I purchased this lipstick last month upon recommendation from Claire (Eclairs Cares). I saw a post on her blog and the colour looked so beautiful. Asia is a pinky/brown nude and I have been wearing it a ton over the past few weeks. The formula of Asia is incredible and comparable to that of a much more expensive lipstick. I’d say this lipstick could almost be called a demi-matte. The colour is very creamy and easy to apply but it’s also very pigmented. Asia has made such a good impression, it even featured in my Nude Lipsticks 101 post along with three of my other top nude lip products.
3. Skechers Flex Appeal Sweet Spot Walking Shoes – I purchased this pair of trainers over Easter weekend and just thinking about wearing them fills me with excitement! These are so comfortable and stylish and I know I will get a lot of wear out of them. CLICK HERE to read my First Impressions on these shoes and a more thorough review.
4. Olive Pomegranate Hand & Nail Cream – Recently I finished up my Shea hand cream from The Body Shop and I started using this one from New Zealand based brand Olive. We sell this at work and everyone always remarks how lovely it smells so I had to smell it myself. I ended up loving it so much I had to buy it! This product contains 50ml as opposed to The Body Shop’s 30ml meaning, it’s almost twice the size so should last twice as long. I’ve saved the best point about this hand cream until last; it smells like bubblegum. It’s not a sickly sweet smell and lingers for a good while after application. This soaks in quickly and keeps my hands nice and moisturised.
5. Zayn – Mind of Mine – I reviewed this album on Monday (CLICK HERE to read that post) so I will keep things brief. I have been listening to this album non-stop over the past month and I still haven’t gotten sick of it. The slick, sexy R&B tones are not normally what I listen to but something about Mind of Mine intrigues me. Zayn has made a stellar debut and I can’t wait for his second album! Standout Tracks: Pillowtalk, BeFoUr, sHe, Borderz, TiO and Like I Would.
April’s Spotify Playlist:
This month’s playlist is all about good vibes!