Hi everyone! First off, let me apologise for my absence last week. I’ve been suffering with a head cold and only posted last Monday: Become An Influencer With Webfluential! Check that post out if you haven’t already or if you’d like to earn some money while you blog! Apart from getting sick, this month has been a success. I had my first ever Valentine’s date, I finished #YogaCamp and I purchased a few new beauty bits. Let’s get down to business…
1. Brush Egg – I was sent this little silicone brush egg as a freebie with the purchase of two blushes. Mine is bright pink and it could not be more perfect as pink is my favourite colour. This tool is so handy, it cuts down the time it takes to wash my brushes and it really gets into each bristle and removes all traces of makeup. I used to go through what seemed like half a roll of paper towels trying to get my brushes clean and now I only need one to rest my brushes on after they’ve been washed.
2. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation – I have raved about this foundation in a few posts lately and with good reason. This foundation comes in a squeeze tube as opposed to a bottle but it isn’t messy at all and the nib ensures product can’t leak out. I purchased the shade 101 Ivory Biege which is the second lightest in the range. I find I don’t need a lot of this foundation and I’m impressed with the coverage. This blends easily and feels so light on the skin.
3. Dainty Doll Cream Blush 003 Billion Dollar Babies – This blush is one of two that arrived with the brush egg. I didn’t know what to expect as I’d never used a cream blush before but because I have dry skin it works. Billion Dollar Babies is described as a nude/bronze and is the most beautiful, natural colour. It’s difficult to tell I’m even wearing it but I like that about this product. It gives my cheeks a little something and is probably the most versatile of my blushes.
4. The Body Shop Strawberry EDT – I picked this up in my Birthday Body Shop Haul in January and I have loved wearing it ever since! The strawberry scent is light, fresh and fruity and not too sweet or overpowering. The bottle looks small but I find three spritzes of this is enough and I’ve barely made a dent in it. If you’re looking to try a new scent for spring/summer, give this one a go!
5. W7 Power Puff – I first mentioned the W7 Power Puff in my Weekend Beauty Haul. This makeup sponge is a dupe for the famous Beauty Blender at a fraction of the cost. I wanted to try it to see if a sponge gave me the flawless finish everyone else mentions and I’m pleased to say it does! I have tried this with both of my foundations and thought it performed better with Rimmel’s Match Perfection. I haven’t tried using the sponge dry yet to see if the end result is any different but I will.
6. Chasing Charli by Aneta Quinn – I absolutely love reading and it’s been ages since I sunk my teeth into a good book. I stumbled across Chasing Charli through a blog and the plot intrigued me. It sounded sexy, action packed and a little different to what I usually read. I downloaded the novella through Kindle and read it within a few days. The storyline was straightforward and I thought the author captured the characters well and paints a clear vision of what they are like. If you’re looking for a quick, easy (and sometimes steamy) read this will be right up your street!
What have you been loving this month?