Happy Monday beautiful people! With less than six days to go until Valentine’s Day I wanted to share a makeup menu I have created based around a few keywords: cute, girly and flirty. The inspiration comes from the lipstick used in this look and my love for the colour pink. Soft, feminine pinks are a change from the traditional colour of red associated with love.
It doesn’t matter if you’ll be celebrating with someone special or on your own, this look is appropriate for day and night – it shows you’ve put effort into your makeup and would be a really cute look for a daytime date. Of course if you still want to go all out to impress someone, by all means do!
1. Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser – Before applying my moisturiser I sprayed a couple of sprays of my Vitamin E Face Mist (not pictured) just to cool down my skin as it’s summer here and it’s hot and to provide an extra bit of hydration. The face mist helped my moisturiser go on smoothly and keep my skin more nourished.
2. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – This foundation makes my makeup routine so quick. I squeeze a little strip onto the back of my hand and dab the product onto my face before blending it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The foundation blends in easily and doesn’t apply patchy or leave brush marks.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ’15 Fair’ – I have told you with how much I like this product numerous times so I will keep it short. It conceals, it covers redness and spots and has never broken me out. An all round winner!
4. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer ’01 Light Matte’ – This bronzer has completely changed the way I do my face. Before I started using this product I felt sometimes my face looked a little flat. This helps to add a hint of colour to my cheeks and it is extremely difficult to go overboard with, which when you’re a pale girl is a godsend! I lightly dust this bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks, over my forehead, chin and jawline using my Real Techniques Blush Brush. This brush is so fluffy and light and applies the product beautifully.
5. Dainty Doll Powder Blush in 002 My Girl – This is one of the first opportunities I have had to wear this blush properly and it doesn’t disappoint! The colour in the pan looks quite light but once applied to the cheeks, it is pretty pigmented. The beauty with Dainty Doll blushes is a little goes a long way and they can be applied more heavy handed if you’d like. My Girl is the perfect soft pink for any girly look.1. Shiseido Accentuating Eyeshadow in Ruby Dazzle – This eyeshadow belongs to my mum and originally I was going to go for a purple look on my eyes but when I swatched this colour I knew it was the one. The colour looks bright in the pan and it does translate on the eye but it’s such a gorgeous, pinky-red that it works and doesn’t look scary.
2. Maybelline ‘The Falsies’ Mascara – I’ll admit it’s been a while since I’ve used this mascara as it is such a pain to remove but when I think of flirty, I think of long, dark, fluttery lashes. The brush on this mascara really allows me to get into each lash and wiggle the brush to get that fuller effect.1. Dainty Doll Lipstick 004 Material World – This is the makeup product the whole look was centered around. This lipstick is described as a lilac pink and the light colour doesn’t wash me out, in fact it adds a nice warmth to my face. The lipstick is lovely and moisturising and when I think of girly, this is the type of shade that springs to mind. A firm favourite in my collection!
Be sure to let me know what you think of this look! Hopefully it will help and inspire some of you if you’re stuck this Valentine’s Day! 💗