Hello everyone! I am Anne from Doves & Roses, a 28 year old Dutch girl who hoards organic skincare, cleansers, Essie nail polish, foundation, green tea, and books (thankfully the invention of E-readers has made this a little easier). You can usually find me writing away about all things beauty on Doves & Roses in English and Dutch, but today the lovely Chanelle has given me the opportunity to introduce myself to you.
1. When did you begin blogging?
I started my blog a little over a year ago, after months of thinking about it. In hindsight, I wish I would have started sooner because it is so much fun. So if anyone out there has been considering it: just go for it!
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
That was quite a difficult decision and I have to admit I went through quite a list of options before I ended up with Doves & Roses. Doves is actually a reference to my last name which includes the Dutch word for dove and roses are just my favorite flowers (besides Dahlias and Peonies, but for brevity’s sake I had to pick one).
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
I absolutely love reading beauty blogs, getting inspired by new products and great ideas for makeup looks and nail art. It just made me want to be part of the beauty blogging community and I haven’t regretted it.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
The amazing blogging community: I have met so many lovely people through my blog and the support has been amazing. Having a beauty blog is also a great excuse for the occasional splurge on beauty products I simply ‘must review’.
5. What are your must read blogs?
- Caroline Hirons – My skincare guru
- Vivianna Does Makeup – My favorite beauty blog
- Confetti & Curves – Great tips and tricks from a lovely lady
- Annie’s Beauty – Lipstick Queen
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
My blog is a really great hobby that distracts me from work, allows me to experiment with photography, makes me feel creative, and helps me hone my writing skills. Let’s save the aims and achievements for work, I just want to enjoy blogging.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
Stop hesitating and simply start a blog. It isn’t as difficult as you think and the only way to learn is by just starting to blog. Remember that engagement is everything: the best part about blogging is commenting on other blogs and building relationships with your fellow bloggers and readers.
8. What keeps you blogging?
The amazing people who comment on my blog posts and the sense of personal achievement I get from being creative and following through with my blog plans.
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
The Wilder Mind album by Mumford & Sons.
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Hmmm do they have to be alive and real? I would love to meet Sherlock Holmes and Coco Chanel, both would make for a very entertaining dinner party. And maybe George R.R. Martin to make him divulge the GOT storyline under threat of torture.
11. Favourite colour?
I never quite understand how people pick just one…but since it is autumn I’ll go for berry.
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Lounging on my couch with a great book, cup of tea, and a cookie (or a tub of icecream).
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…Girls and women would have equal opportunities no matter where they are born on earth.
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d like to mention you haven’t already?
I just want to thank Chanelle for inviting me to be part of this great series! Such a lovely way to meet new blogging friends and find great blogs to follow.
Thank you Anne. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact email@example.com.