Hi, I am Lauren, the author behind Styled By Lauren. I am a 19 year old student from The UK who has an ever growing obsession with beauty. I would like to say that blogging is my hobby. I just love to rave about new beauty products in my stash. I also like to go shopping… for more beauty products.
1. When did you begin blogging?
I started my blog back in January 2010. Although I only really started to get more serious about my blog in the last year and I started to blog more regularly.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
My blog was originally named 4everfashion, cringe I know! It was that as I loved fashion obviously and then I grew tired of it and changed it to ‘Styled’ as it sounded more professional. To give it a more personal touch I added ‘By Lauren’.
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
When I first began blogging I really wanted a career in fashion and I felt like having a blog was like my own fashion magazine. I loved reading style editorials in magazines and essentially I wanted to write my own.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
There are so many! Obviously it’s so nice to communicate with people all the time especially when they have the same interests. I love being able to just rave about how good a lipstick is to someone and they actually get it without thinking I am a freak! I also just love writing content for my blog and coming up with new ideas.
5. What are your must read blogs?
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I just want to continue to grow and develop my blog. I have definitely came a long way since I started blogging and I want to continue growing.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
It is more work than you would think but it’s definitely worth it. Blogging is a learning experience and has taught me so much just over the last year. Just have fun, enjoy it and interact with people.
8. What keeps you blogging?
I love blogging, I really don’t know what I would be doing without my blog. I just love being able to share my thoughts on beauty products and connecting with other bloggers.
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
I’ve not really downloaded anything recently since I’ve been using Spotify. Although the last thing was probably Hozier.
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Morgan Freeman, Harry Styles and Lauren Conrad.
11. Favourite colour?
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Online shopping. Lots of it.
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…for three more wishes.
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d like to mention you haven’t already?
Just a big thank you to Chanelle for featuring me in her Meet the Blogger series! Thank you 🙂
Thank you Lauren. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.