Hello everyone! Month number nine down and you know what that means, monthly favourites time! September has been a bit of a weird one for me, I feel like one minute I’ve been up and happy and the next I’ve been letting feelings and worry creep in more than I’d like. Music has been a real crux this month with some very exciting releases and another playlist I’ve compiled on Spotify. I was also sick for the third time in three months but the doctor gave me antibiotics and hayfever tablets (even though I don’t get hayfever) so hopefully that’ll fix everything!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Natio Face Mask – I picked this product up in the last week of August and only ended up having to pay 50 cents for it as a gift card that paid for the rest. I’d been looking for a face mask since my Pamper Session post a couple of months ago. This face mask from Natio is suitable for all skin types and aims to unclog and tighten pores, which it does. It also helps to improve the skin’s firmness and texture and make skin look less tired. It is a clay mask and I love the feeling of this when it’s on my face. There is a slight scent from the lemon palmarosa and sesame but it’s not bothersome. This mask is relatively quick, it only has to be left on for 10-15 minutes and instantly after taking it off my skin feels super smooth.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo ’70 Barely Branded’ – Trying one of Maybelline’s Color Tattoos had been on my mental wishlist for a while and I finally got the opportunity in July. I purchased Barely Branded along with Inked In Pink but if I’m being honest I’ve been reaching for Barely Branded more often. Barely Branded is a gorgeous champagne/light gold colour and can be used for a daytime look or to glam up a nighttime outfit. These literally stay on for hours and if you’re short on time, a couple of swipes over the eyelid and you’re good to go!
3. Dainty Doll Lipstick 007 Stripped – I feel like I’ve come full circle with this lipstick. When I first bought it last year obviously I liked it then I went through a phase of not wearing it and now I’ve come back to it again. The name of this lipstick, Stripped, is very appropriate, it’s a pale gold-nude shade and if it wasn’t shimmery it would look like I had foundation lips. It can be quite hard to apply if your lips are dry so I always make sure I dab some of Dainty Doll’s Wonderbalm over my lips first. I have gotten back into wearing this shade this month and it’s also work friendly so I have a feeling this will be coming out more frequently.
4. Starbucks French Vanilla Frappucino – I am not a coffee girl or a Starbucks girl at all but after sampling these tasty treats I could get used to it. Vanilla is one of my favourite flavours and the best part about these is they don’t contain any coffee. New Zealand is going into Spring/Summer and these will be perfect to cool down with on hot, balmy days. Check these out if you haven’t already! There is also a French Vanilla Latte for all you coffee lovers!
5. Leona Lewis – I Am – I have been a fan of Leona Lewis since her debut album Spirit. Her voice has always stood out to me, she has such a beautiful tone and her music is powerful. The previews leading up to the album did not do it justice, I heard snippets of tracks here and there but playing it for a whole the first time is when it really clicked and made sense; the tracks are cohesive and flow nicely into one another. Standout tracks: Fire Under My Feet, You Knew Me When, Ladders and Another Love Song.
September Spotify Playlist
I loved creating a little playlist for you last month so I went and did it again! I’ll admit I’m still listening to the August one but I have found another seven tracks for a September playlist. This playlist is quite male heavy and all about a good beat. There’s a Justin Bieber track and I’m not a Belieber at all!
That’s all for this month, be sure to let me know what you’ve been loving! ❤